Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #31
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr46 View Post
with the right parts, most are making on the low side 425 rwhp-475 rwhp easily out of a 363.......choose the right h/c/i and supporting mods and there you have your hp goal......put 302 parts on it and yes you'll need a turbo to make up for it...build the 363 first run it and dyno it and see where it's at....if you are going forced induction no matter what then choose the right cc piston and head for compression that is boost friendly
I think I'm going to go with, from FordStrokers the

Dart Liberator 363
- 20cc dished pistons
- Forged RPM Crank/Rods

Probably with the custom cam/timing chain package, and "complete bottom end - Fox Body" package.

kind of pricy for a short block, but it should stand up to everything I throw at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by uedlose View Post
I would call a turbo MFG. talk with them on the size and HP you want to make at what rpm and tell them you want to stay with a t4 flange. A pt88 will work and so with a gt4788 with a t4 flange. Borg Warner also has turbos with t4 flange that will work a gts76 would also work but would have a smaller t4 turbine housing on it. or you could drop back on the cid some and solve most of your concerns and still make big HP numbers with a turbo.
Like said with the HP you want to make I really dont know why you are gone turbo. when a N/A 363 would get you real close or meet your goals anyway.
N/A is cool and all, but nothing compares to F/I. The old 2000 I used to have was the most fun I've ever had (clothes on OR off, hah), and it put down around 560rwhp at like 4,000ft/sea level. This car seems much more like a death trap, doesn't even have air bags, but with the right suspension and 480hp, should scream like a mother.

The torque curve N/A doesn't even compare to a turbo car, so idk, seems like a good choice to me.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2000AZ5.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #32
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 89 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT View Post
I think I'm going to go with, from FordStrokers the

N/A is cool and all, but nothing compares to F/I. The old 2000 I used to have was the most fun I've ever had (clothes on OR off, hah), and it put down around 560rwhp at like 4,000ft/sea level. This car seems much more like a death trap, doesn't even have air bags, but with the right suspension and 480hp, should scream like a mother.

The torque curve N/A doesn't even compare to a turbo car, so idk, seems like a good choice to me.
I could not agree with you more. LOL boost is fun
Old 09-30-2014, 11:15 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement