Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

I should've known better

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 08:41 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChampInSD
I completely agree that logically there is one source problem. I was surprised that the dealership couldn't identify one such problem. They told me that they are coordinating with engineers back East on this because they couldn't figure it out. So, if there is misdiagnosis going on, that failure to identify the problem involves the dealership and Ford. And even if the dealership is not fully analyzing the problem, what does that say about Ford? Am I as the consumer supposed to assume incompetence in the dealership? It's a brand new car. How hard can it possibly be to figure this out?
I am in the service industry. I repair copiers, printers, and faxes. I had a copier right out of the box throwing a code. Fixed that code and another one shows. I was on the phone with the manufacturers tech service to get it resolved. After replacing about every board in the thing, they sent out their lead tech who was on the phone with their engineers. Never did get it fixed, they swapped it out and sent us a new one. They had that machine we couldn't fix sent back to Japan. Never heard if they ever figured it out.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:48 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Troll much, troll?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:14 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChampInSD
I completely agree that logically there is one source problem. I was surprised that the dealership couldn't identify one such problem. They told me that they are coordinating with engineers back East on this because they couldn't figure it out. So, if there is misdiagnosis going on, that failure to identify the problem involves the dealership and Ford. And even if the dealership is not fully analyzing the problem, what does that say about Ford? Am I as the consumer supposed to assume incompetence in the dealership? It's a brand new car. How hard can it possibly be to figure this out?
if it's a wiring fault, it can be damned hard to find the source of the problem. This car has 500x more wiring than those old Porsches and Lotuses you venerate.

besides, if it was so damn easy to figure out, why haven't you found the problem yourself?

And even if the dealership is not fully analyzing the problem, what does that say about Ford?
nothing, since by state law dealers are independent entities not affiliated directly with the auto manufacturer.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:55 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Beat it Troll. I bought a 2015 GT premium and the car is spectacular! No issues. I drag race the car on drag radials and it simply laughs at the abuse I throw at it. Go take your stories somewhere else. Maybe a Porsche forum???