Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

2016 GT Wheels, Tires, and lowering

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 04:09 PM
phat_nos_rat
1st Gear Member

Default 2016 GT Wheels, Tires, and lowering

Has anyone lowered their 2015-16 GT using bought springs? If so, how much of a drop? Also, has anyone put staggered 19" wheels on theirs? Do you have any pics?
Old 02-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Doctor Fishtail

Originally Posted by phat_nos_rat
Has anyone lowered their 2015-16 GT using bought springs? If so, how much of a drop? Also, has anyone put staggered 19" wheels on theirs? Do you have any pics?
We bought ours last night and it is a pickup truck compared to our trade in. As soon as I got home started researching lowering and sways. I would not go cheap springs. Looking at KWs
Old 02-05-2016, 05:55 PM
phat_nos_rat
1st Gear Member

I bought some Eibach's. Suppose to lower it 1.1" in the front and 1" in the back. First week in March going to put the springs on, 3.73 gear and tint the windows. I have only had foxbodies, I am ignorant when it comes to the new one...lol....I love it though, got it out for the first time since I bought it today. Me and my little girl went riding...it was great!!

Last edited by phat_nos_rat; 02-05-2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: left something off
Old 02-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Doctor Fishtail

I bought some Eibach's. Suppose to lower it 1.1" in the front and 1" in the back. First week in March going to put the springs on, 3.73 gear and tint the windows. I have only had foxbodies, I am ignorant when it comes to the new one...lol....I love it though, got it out for the first time since I bought it today. Me and my little girl went riding...it was great!!
So you got the Pro Kit? I am researching a lowering package kit. When ya get a kit the sway bars are formed to mate up with the end links correctly. When ya just install springs with stock sway bars they are not as effective. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:48 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Did you get the performance package? If so, according to Ford Racing, that pack is already lowered 1" because it is the same package offered by Ford Racing sold as the street pack ending in MA. If so lowering springs won't make any difference. If you don't have the performance pack, I recommend the Ford Racing Street pack which includes shocks, springs, sway bars, new rear locating links giving you the same suspension on the performance package. CJ Pony sells it for $995 complete. If installed by a ASE mechanic or your Ford dealer, you retain the factory warranty
Old 03-12-2016, 01:01 PM
phat_nos_rat
1st Gear Member

Here are my Eibach lowering springs. I have to get the camber adjusted but other than that I am satisfied with my $125 craigslist find.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 GT Wheels, Tires, and lowering-photo724.jpg  
Old 03-12-2016, 01:24 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Looks really nice. Congrats.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:11 PM
phat_nos_rat
1st Gear Member

Thanks
Old 03-15-2016, 03:26 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

I have the Ford Racing Track Pack on my car. Not sure that it actually lowered the car any over what the PP already did. Actually - the links in the kit are the same as the track pack's.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:03 PM
jwg45acp

Originally Posted by squishbang
I have the Ford Racing Track Pack on my car. Not sure that it actually lowered the car any over what the PP already did. Actually - the links in the kit are the same as the track pack's.
Hey squishbang. So compared to the stock PP you can't really tell any height difference? How is the ride compared to the stock PP?

Thanks
Joe

Quick Reply: 2016 GT Wheels, Tires, and lowering