Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Picked Up My Roush Supercharged 2016 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 01:45 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Thanx a lot Spork for posting it, "Good Sir"! Interesting! I still can't get used to the sound of the GT 350 engine. I like the deeper old school exhaust sound. In fact I'd like a muffler set up that would make it sound lower. I wonder what the E.T. was on the GT 5.0? Likely a little stronger than mine as I think Roush is pretty conservative in their tunes to keep them together long term. I have no idea what my Mustang is running at, but by the time I feel safe enough to look down at the speedo it's about 90 MPH. I couldn't tell if the 5.0L was a manual or automatic. I ran my in "Track Mode" with the "traction control on" & it burn about 10 ft.of rubber & then got going pretty fast. With the "Traction Control" off the automatic chirped rubber through each gear change. I can't imagine "me" being able to go through the manual gears as fast as the automatic. I drove on the streets, like the old man I am, for about 70 miles & the computer said it got 24 MPG. I wonder how accurate that was??? I surprisingly goes a long time on the little tank.

I was surprised to see Eric Voss of a Southern Cal Speed Shop use my car in his Facebook Ad!

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-28-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:01 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I see Town & Country Ford put a 2016 5.0L with a Roush Supercharger on a dyno & it pulled 726 H.P.

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-30-2016 at 06:23 AM. Reason: fixed typo - not a "dino"
Old 04-29-2016, 06:38 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I see Town & Country Ford put a 2016 5.0L with a Roush Supercharger on a dyno & it pulled 692 H.P.
Nice #, same kit you have ?
Stick or auto ?
What kind of dyno ?
What SAE corrections were applied ?
What other modifications besides the blower kit ?
Old 04-29-2016, 10:27 AM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

Dave, you still need more tire under that thing!
Old 04-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by barstowpo
Dave, you still need more tire under that thing!
Naw! If someone wants to race me for pink slips I'll be over to borrow your wheels & tires! Fat chance, huh? LOL! There's really no advantage to bigger tires for me unless I was racing. It locks up fine even in "Track Mode" unless you shut off the "Traction Control". I'm sure the lack of big tires hurts the E.T. & Top Speeds in the 1/4 Mile as well as when taking corners really fast. I'm not interested in doing either of those things or I would have bought one of those cool GT 350's!
Old 04-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
Nice #, same kit you have ?
Stick or auto ?
What kind of dyno ?
What SAE corrections were applied ?
What other modifications besides the blower kit ?
They said a stock GT with just a Roush kit, but who knows about the other things? Likely with bigger tires on the GT I would imagine. They are in the business of selling cars, so they are going to show Mustangs at their best. They also said the GT 350 pulled more H.P. than rated too, but I forget how much.

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-29-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:07 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

They said a stock GT with just a Roush kit, but who knows about the other things? Likely with bigger tires on the GT I would imagine. They are in the business of selling cars, so they are going to show Mustangs at their best. They also said the GT 350 pulled more H.P. than rated too, but I forget how much.
The baseline dyno showed a 13 % drive train loss.

Now that you posted the dyno it makes sense........581.3rwhp.
So, if that car had the same package as yours, ( 670 hp ), that would give it a 13.3 % drive train loss.......658.6 @ the crank.
The 726 # is based on nothing, as this car is loosing only 13 + % to it's drive train.

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 04-30-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:08 PM
69mach1377
5th Gear Member

P.S. Anyone in the SoCal Area that wants to order a 2016... just PM me[/B] & I can get you a great price with no sales discussion. Just get the "exact" description of what options you want & you get a very low price with no discussion or pitches! .......... & NO, I don't make a nickel on it! I just have an "in" with a Ford Sales Manager that will take a very small markup on a"Customer Order". WHY? Because "Customer Orders" don't come out of their Ford allocation of "high demand" cars like Mustangs, so he doesn't mind selling them cheap! Cars ordered for the dealerhip's lot sell for high markups! It's just how they are marketed!
PM sent...
Old 04-30-2016, 10:14 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

An American view seems to be "More is never enough!" I suspect most of the Supercharged GT Mustangs & GT 350's seen turning high numbers in the 1/4 Mile have had quite a few modifications done to them not found on the cars "exactly" as they came from Ford or Roush with a standard Roush supercharger & tune installed. When I sold my '08 Supercharged GT, the new owner immediately took it to a shop & added quite a bit of extra H.P. with some modifications like pulley changes, etc. I'm not sure I'd recommend. I guess the question is always whether or not those modifications are a smart idea for the longevity of the engine for a daily driver? To myself, I've decided not, since the amount of acceleration of a supercharged 5.0L or a GT 350 is hard find places to use on today's roads & highways.

"It maybe cheaper & safer to simply lie about how fast your Mustang is!"
Old 05-02-2016, 04:44 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 69mach1377
PM sent...
69mach1377

Here are "Faded Stripes on my GT

Stripes on my GT

Quick Reply: Picked Up My Roush Supercharged 2016 GT