Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!
View Poll Results: Kona Blue or Black
Kona Blue
68.42%
Black
31.58%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Kona Blue or Black?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default Kona Blue or Black?

It's killing me! Now that getting a 5.0 is a possibility for me.. I can't make up my mind!

For sure... the car will be:

GT Premium

Glass Roof

Automatic

that, I know.. everything else is up in the air. I thought for sure I would get black... as that is the sexiest Mustang color of all time.. until I saw a Kona Blue in the parking lot at work. That, and I think my daughter (6 year old) and wife are giving subliminal messages

I love dark blue.. but can a Kona Blue stang look as mean as a Black stang?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 PM
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

You might need to throw my vote out seeing how I have now owned 4 Mustangs and they have all been black. LOL! I actually have not seen a color I did not like, but there is just something about a clean black car with tinted windows. After I wash it I wanna make love to it. Hahahaha!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

kona all the way with brembo package...wheels brakes look good. black is just to hard to maintain. if the black was metalic, maybe....i went with sterling, and i like it......auto r u sure.....
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

Oh I missed the automatic part. Not about to try and tell a man what to buy when it is your money, but I have tried both over the years. My first mustang was a auto and I will never do that again. I (key word I) get so much more out of the car being a manual. Anyways I will shut up....this is about black or blue!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Both options are good, but obviously I'm biased. A major factor is how much time do you have to maintain the exterior of your car? A black car has to be washed very often to look good. Kona blue would need slightly less maintenance and water spotting would be less noticeable. Either way it would look great. It's really up to personal preference though.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the replies.. part of this "hobby" to me is keeping the car clean Trust me.. I know what it means to keep a black daily driver clean.

Will I have the same feeling when I look at the car? Sounds like a stupid question.. but, honestly, when I look at my car after a good cleaning.. it's the same feeling I got when I brought it home.

I'm hoping the added 400 + HP will make up for any differences though... Never thought id go with anything but black.. but this color is growing on me.

As for the auto vs manual.. I know, I know.... maybe i've just gotten whipped and beaten down.. but:

1: Even if it's once a year... the wife has to be able to drive the car for practical/safety reasons

2: I can't imagine teaching my wife how to drive a stick with a 412 HP 6 speed.. although you never know.. she might like it.. (which may actually be a problem).

Forgot one of my other "for sure"... 3.55 gears

BTW, I've heard 5th gear is a bitch to hit with a manual when racing... from what I have read here and other places.. the new auto tranny matched with 3.55 gears is pretty bad ***. Maybe not as fun.. but performs. Plus, I wont have to worry about frying my clutch

Last edited by MrSandman; 07-26-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:01 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

These cars are so refined it really isn't difficult for anyone to handle the manual.

Also, you can't option the 3.55 gears and auto, you'll have to swap the gears on your own.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

My Opinion....BLACK is the only color!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:18 PM
2011_5.0_Kona_Blue

As you can see my 5.0 is Kona Blue and it is dead sexy! As far as teaching your wife how to drive a 6-speed manual, I taught mine and she drives it like she stole it...
Old 07-27-2010, 04:29 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

If i had to pick i would go for the Blue..They are both great..but i like color that pops a lil bit..

Black is nice no doubt..i just like color...U cant lose either way!

Quick Reply: Kona Blue or Black?