Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

5.0 envy, immaturity, or general douchebaggery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 02:53 PM
kev152
1st Gear Member

Ok, not a scientific study, but I'll weigh in with what I see where I live (split my time between upstate NY - Buffalo NY - and Central Florida (Daytona Beach).

I don't see the bad behavior from Challenger Drivers at all. I honestly can't remember even one Challenger driver being aggressive or 'stupid' in any way.

I see equal bad driving from Mustang, Camaro, and Import drivers. A few older guys (usually in their 50's) but most of it from guys 30 and under.

Rarely see a woman driving in a very aggressive manor...but 95% of all tailgators I see are women (all ages, all car types.)
Old 09-19-2010, 11:09 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

I would have to say they feel they have too prove something about their 4.6 vs. your 5.0, Both are awesome motors, I loved my 4.6 and love my new 5.0!! Just immaturity!! Everyone needs to just enjoy their cars!!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

There are idiots no matter what make of car ignore them
Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kev152
Ok, not a scientific study, but I'll weigh in with what I see where I live (split my time between upstate NY - Buffalo NY - and Central Florida (Daytona Beach).

I don't see the bad behavior from Challenger Drivers at all. I honestly can't remember even one Challenger driver being aggressive or 'stupid' in any way.

I see equal bad driving from Mustang, Camaro, and Import drivers. A few older guys (usually in their 50's) but most of it from guys 30 and under.

Rarely see a woman driving in a very aggressive manor...but 95% of all tailgators I see are women (all ages, all car types.)
i have like i stated in the last post there are idiots no matter what make and modle there was a challanger rt guy that kept trying to race me in my cousins new STI im chillen because it only has 300 miles and he is still breaking in. also its just stupid to race on that road anyways.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:08 AM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

Eh I have seen it more from the new 5.0 drivers running up along side anything with any history and trying to race. I don't do it. I think you look like a dick. If someone wants to go then they will ask me so we aren't out there sand bagging each other.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

There's also another side to this. Do the new 5.0 drivers really think their cars are so interesting that other people should pay attention to them? Seems a lot of implied arrogance. Goes both ways.

I'll wave at anyone, from a clean fox to a 5.0, or a nice CRX. I don't really care.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:07 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Im seeing it already. Some jackass thought it would be cool to "drift" by me in a parking lot. Nice.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I noticed this kind of thing as soon as I drove my Shelby home from the dealer.
It's just their immature way of trying to say "I'm just as good as you".

The other day some douche behind me in a black 2003 GT flies down the freeway to catch me, and I'm just going the speed limit because I know there's usually a speed trap ahead.
He roars up beside me guns his engine like he wants to run... all with a solid wall of traffic 100 feet ahead of us. I just kept it legal and passed him when he was stuck in traffic at the next light.

I say if you want to race take it to the track. I drive spirited when the road calls for it, but racing someone these days will get you sent straight to jail and your car will be impounded.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
rebus
1st Gear Member

What would Sigmund Freud drive if he were alive today? Also it doesn't help to have a shiny Matador red car when running with the bulls. I find it best to just look straight ahead and smile!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:59 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by rebus
What would Sigmund Freud drive if he were alive today? Also it doesn't help to have a shiny Matador red car when running with the bulls. I find it best to just look straight ahead and smile!
He'd drive a sexy car for sure. After all, the guy was THE sexologist you know.

He once said that the world has two problem of importance... One is sex and the other is money.
So I said to myself: "Since everyone have a sex, I'll take care of the money thing."
Big mistake LOL.

Last edited by pascal; 09-20-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 5.0 envy, immaturity, or general douchebaggery?