Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Dyno Run of the Lethal Performance 5.0L w/2.9L Whipple Crusher Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Dyno Run of the Lethal Performance 5.0L w/2.9L Whipple Crusher Kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN9DSMdqGFs
Old 10-19-2010, 02:32 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

Useless without numbers. Love the sound of the supercharger though.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KXRM
Useless without numbers. Love the sound of the supercharger though.

Dyno's are used for tuning. The track is where the real testing takes place. We'll be at the track shortly and will be sure to post our results. The dyno numbers if you're interested will be published in an up coming issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, jared
Old 10-22-2010, 01:17 AM
dacobra04

I have a question. I heard a rumor that the Ford Racing whipple supercharger Kits were blowing up stock motors because the boost was being generated so quickly. Is this really a problem that the roots style supercharger is causing or just not a good enough tune or plain and simply the new 5.0 needs stronger internals before boost
Old 10-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dacobra04
I have a question. I heard a rumor that the Ford Racing whipple supercharger Kits were blowing up stock motors because the boost was being generated so quickly. Is this really a problem that the roots style supercharger is causing or just not a good enough tune or plain and simply the new 5.0 needs stronger internals before boost

This "rumor" is exactly that. There aren't FRPP kits blowing up engines. There's several people I know of that run the kit the way it came from FRPP without any issues. There's also a group of people such as ourselves that have modified the kit and are making way more HP than how the kit comes without any issues.

There's obviously a limit to what a stock motor can safely handle however I personally don't think it's been found yet. That's most likely because people are afraid to make BIG power and hurt a new engine. I know of 5.0L's making 650+rwhp and still running strong but for the others making more than that theysimply upgraded the pistons and rods so they can support more power without risking a blown motor.

Jared

Last edited by Boostaddict; 10-22-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:23 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Whipple FTW!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 PM
dacobra04

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
This "rumor" is exactly that. There aren't FRPP kits blowing up engines. There's several people I know of that run the kit the way it came from FRPP without any issues. There's also a group of people such as ourselves that have modified the kit and are making way more HP than how the kit comes without any issues.

There's obviously a limit to what a stock motor can safely handle however I personally don't think it's been found yet. That's most likely because people are afraid to make BIG power and hurt a new engine. I know of 5.0L's making 650+rwhp and still running strong but for the others making more than that theysimply upgraded the pistons and rods so they can support more power without risking a blown motor.

Jared
Very happy to hear. I love the instant boost that the roots style blowers offer. I traded in my 2004 Cobra for a 2011 mustang GT and I miss that hard pull at 2,000 to 2,500rpm. Will definitely be ordering one. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:18 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
Dyno's are used for tuning. The track is where the real testing takes place. We'll be at the track shortly and will be sure to post our results. The dyno numbers if you're interested will be published in an up coming issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, jared
Thank you. Numbers are for the "consumer", A/F line E.T.'s and MPH tell the whole story. That whoopie whistle sounds goooooood.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:04 AM
JV Doose
1st Gear Member

cant wait to see the track/dyno results!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Put the car on the dyno today to check a few things before we hit the track Wed night. The car made some sick power. Stock motor, 2.9L Whipple w/3.50" pulley (13-14psi), ARH longtube headers w/offroad X-pipe and a dual pump return style fuel system. I'm not going to post dyno numbers as that's exclusive to 5.0 Mustang Magazine however I can say that it's definitely 9 second power and I'll have a video up of one of the pulls tonight.

For those who aren't familiar with the rest of our setup it's a stock 6 speed manual car with stock suspension and stock longblock. I guess we'll see how strong she really is Wednesday night.

Stay tuned!

Quick Reply: Dyno Run of the Lethal Performance 5.0L w/2.9L Whipple Crusher Kit