Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

SCT Tuner for the new 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:30 AM
johnnyv555

Default SCT Tuner for the new 5.0

Hey guys...I just installed the new SCT tuner and a K&N drop in air filter today and let me tell you it's worth it. It's like a different car. I'm not easily impressed with tuners and ECM tunes, I've had other vehicles that I have installed simular ECM flashes etc...but this one really woke it up. I give it two thumbs up!!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
SandMan123
1st Gear Member

which company made the tune? Bama, breenspeed, etc?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:39 AM
johnnyv555

It's the tune that came pre-loaded with the SCT tuner, easy to use and loaded in a few minutes.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:18 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Just a thought - for $50 bucks we can write you a mail order tune that will probably completely change the vehicle again. The pre-loaded tunes are okay, but our files will greatly improve throttle response, horsepower, torque, driveability, gas mileage... worlds better than a "canned" tune. Just a thought...

If you want more details you can call one of our Bama tuners directly Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST at 888.226.9764

There are tons of threads all over this forum and others about our 2011 tuning results!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:31 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

yeah what chris said lol....you will notice a good deal of difference with the newer tunes
Old 10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Spd2Stang

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Just a thought - for $50 bucks we can write you a mail order tune that will probably completely change the vehicle again. The pre-loaded tunes are okay, but our files will greatly improve throttle response, horsepower, torque, driveability, gas mileage... worlds better than a "canned" tune. Just a thought...

If you want more details you can call one of our Bama tuners directly Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST at 888.226.9764

There are tons of threads all over this forum and others about our 2011 tuning results!
Are these tunes via the SCT Tuner detecable if i load your map and then flash back to stock in case i had the car in for warranty work?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

I fully recommend Bama's tune. It especially is nice if you have an auto.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spd2Stang
Are these tunes via the SCT Tuner detecable if i load your map and then flash back to stock in case i had the car in for warranty work?
No matter what tune you load in, whether it be our Bama Custom SCT tune or the SCT pre-loaded tunes, it's not going to be detectable ONCE you return it to stock.

The only thing the dealership can see was that the KAM Memory has been cleared (the same thing that happens when you disconnect the battery for any period of time). All you have to say is that you disconnected the battery when you went away. They can't see/prove otherwise.

Or, simply return it to stock, and drive the car approximately 50 miles before you bring it back to the dealership, and then the KAM memory will be filled and all of the heater switches set. They won't be able to see ANYTHING.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:57 AM
johnnyv555

Default SCT Tuner for the new 5.0

Hey guys I appreciate the info, actually so much that I spoke to Zack over at American Muscle and ordered the custom tune this morning. I am not a "techy" guy...my 65 still has the AM radio in it, so I was unaware that you can get a custom tune. Sounds interesting I just hope I can figure out how to load all this information into the tuner and then the car...but Zack at American Muscle says I can call if I run into issues. Once I load it and give it a drive I'll post how it works out.

Thanks Chris for the info, I left a voice mail...
Old 10-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Spd2Stang

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
No matter what tune you load in, whether it be our Bama Custom SCT tune or the SCT pre-loaded tunes, it's not going to be detectable ONCE you return it to stock.

The only thing the dealership can see was that the KAM Memory has been cleared (the same thing that happens when you disconnect the battery for any period of time). All you have to say is that you disconnected the battery when you went away. They can't see/prove otherwise.

Or, simply return it to stock, and drive the car approximately 50 miles before you bring it back to the dealership, and then the KAM memory will be filled and all of the heater switches set. They won't be able to see ANYTHING.
Awesome, Thanks for the info.
Im looking at doing an intake tuner combo when i place my order thorugh you guys, and the free tunes for lyfe is most definatly what sold me on that.
Whats the best time to start modding?
Break the car in for a few thousand miles or does it really even matter?
She just hit 270 miles this morning

Quick Reply: SCT Tuner for the new 5.0