Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Mustang Electric Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:47 AM
FlyByNight

Default 2011 Mustang Electric Power Steering

I haven't heard much talk about the 2011 Mustangs electric power steering, wondering how you 2011 guys are liking it?

Last edited by FlyByNight; 12-30-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FlyByNight
I haven't heard much talk about the 2011 Mustangs electric power steering, wondering how you 2011 guys are liking it?
I just posted a link in another area if you'd like to read up on it: 2011 Mustang EPS Sounds like it's all self contained in the rack & pinion. Seeing a ton of advantages, the biggest one being no more power steering leaks! Wouldn't mind hearing some actual thoughts myself on how it feels driving compared to the old system.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gconnsr
I just posted a link in another area if you'd like to read up on it: 2011 Mustang EPS Sounds like it's all self contained in the rack & pinion. Seeing a ton of advantages, the biggest one being no more power steering leaks! Wouldn't mind hearing some actual thoughts myself on how it feels driving compared to the old system.
When buying the Brembo brake package you get an advanced ESP....what ever that is (doesn't go into detail on Ford webpage).......I wonder if it improves the turning ratio / steering aspects or is it something else having to do with traction control? TC was my first assumption when I first looked into the Brembo package.........now hearing this makes me wonder if it is actually steering improvements.....anyone know??
Old 12-30-2010, 02:42 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
When buying the Brembo brake package you get an advanced ESP....what ever that is (doesn't go into detail on Ford webpage).......I wonder if it improves the turning ratio / steering aspects or is it something else having to do with traction control? TC was my first assumption when I first looked into the Brembo package.........now hearing this makes me wonder if it is actually steering improvements.....anyone know??
Yes, it certainly does improve it. It's much stiffer during Sport Mode.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
Wow....didn't know that....always assumed ESP was a loosed up traction control setting......never assume would be the best advice and research. Thanks.....that's good info.

Can the ESP on a GT without the Brembo package be modified with the SCT scanners or is it an independent module with a devoted electronics package that could be modified to perform like the Brembo ESP.....although there would be no sport mode adjustment.....the new program would put the car in permanent sport mode?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

Well this is a little on the confusing side! I was referring to Electronic Power Steering (EPS) and it sounds more like we're talking about Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
Old 12-30-2010, 05:56 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gconnsr
Well this is a little on the confusing side! I was referring to Electronic Power Steering (EPS) and it sounds more like we're talking about Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
Ooopppps.....your right....I just checked ESC....not EPS. I assumed again!!@!~@

Can a GT's EPS be modified?

Any inf on the Brembo ESC as to what the difference is....I know it's off the topic, but why not ask?

Last edited by daredevil95; 12-30-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM
FlyByNight

At the Ford site I think they call it EPAS electronic power assist steering.

Last edited by FlyByNight; 12-31-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
What does that? What is stiffer?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:55 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95

Can a GT's EPS be modified?

Any inf on the Brembo ESC as to what the difference is....I know it's off the topic, but why not ask?
Don't know.

Last edited by gconnsr; 12-31-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang Electric Power Steering