Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #21
chrisblk10

Vehicle: 2011 mustang gt
chris dougan

the jpc heads and cams alone are over 3k the exhauset is closer to 2k intake is 500. but the 624hp whipple is $7400. thatone of they only things i dont like about my 11 gt all the aftermarket parts are so expensive. kooks long tubes are 1700 thats insane
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
chrisblk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #22
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

NO, the heads are 1200, the cams are 800 (unless you are talking about with installation costs), you can get different LT headers than the JPC for $700 and I see Kooks with midpipe for $1500 all over the place. I'm not sure where you are shopping but you need to try someplace else.

But yes, the Whipple is better bang for the buck, n2o is even better. It just depends on what your goals are, forced induction is going to be more efficient.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #23
chrisblk10

chris dougan

yea the whipple is def more for the money either way. procharger d1sc is the best for the money though for 6500 it will bump up the 5.0 to 600+ rwhp on 7 psi. blow by racing did one in an issue of muscle mustangs and it made 609 rwhp which is good for the loot
Old 03-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #24
chrisblk10

chris dougan

can somebody help me out?? for some reason it wont let me create a post on this site it says i do not have permission to do this. i thought the point of a forum was to post message and help get answers to messages that you have about something and getting help from another mustang enthusiast.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

your post count is probably too low for certain sections, if you PM a moderator or admin they might be able to give you priveldges if you have a good reason to be able to. I'm not sure exactly why that is, maybe they dont want people signing up just to post in OT, where it gets a little wild from time to time, or clutter the boards of the bench racing section. mostly trolls like those sections

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #26
chrisblk10

chris dougan

so i have to have a certain amount of posts before im able to create my own post. i hear ya well thanks for the info
Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #27
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Prices will drop most likely a little to as time goes by. The new 5.0 is drawing massive amounts of attention & the performance market will take full advantage of that. Also within time you will start seeing aftermarket parts for sale in the "For sale" section. I bought my delete plates, zex system, MAC axelbacks, Hurst short throw & alot of other stuff from there for my 06GT CHEAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
NO, the heads are 1200, the cams are 800 (unless you are talking about with installation costs), you can get different LT headers than the JPC for $700 and I see Kooks with midpipe for $1500 all over the place. I'm not sure where you are shopping but you need to try someplace else.

But yes, the Whipple is better bang for the buck, n2o is even better. It just depends on what your goals are, forced induction is going to be more efficient.

06GT/5spd/390gears/LCAs/DiabloNo2customtune/UDps/JLT2CAI/O-Rx pipe/ZEX150shot/Spyder alum D-S/MAC A-Bs/Swaybar delete/RP throughout driveline/Removed 250lbs/NittoD-R's ~R.I.P.~
Norse1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #28
pmer

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

I know this is an old thread, but i have yet to find heads for 1200, cams for 800 and a full exhaust for 1000. cams=1500 for a set, heads=1350 each, and a decent full exhaust would cost around 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post

pmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #29
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT

I just couldn't see myself adding cams and a Boss intake making my power band that late in the RPM's. Seems to be undue stress on the motor few a few extra horses.
UofHmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #30
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

...I wish that was my car LOL
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, 500, 507, 507rwhp, 50l, 7500, ford, gt, hp, jpc, mustang, na, or, rpm, rwhp