Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

TSB 11-07-07 Piston Failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:05 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
By the time you get over 600 Ponies on a 5.0 built motor, you'll have way more than $5K in that build.
Also, a GT500 can be had for a lot less than 60 Grands and for about $2000 you'll have about 700hp.
Just saying...
I guess your right ina way, but I was comparing brand new gt500 to brand new GT. Gt500 all you need to do is buy a bigger blower, not the whole kit but at a certain point you do need to forge the motor the same way you would on the 5.0
Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1987MustangGT5.0
If mommy and daddy are helping, maybe. If not and you are thinking you'll be in a position to buy a GT500 shortly after college you're probably in for a rude awakening.

A house/mortgage needs to come first, taxes, any student loans, furniture, food, clothes, entertainment, savings, etc.

I think you're dreaming lol.
I have no student loans, and I never said the day I graduate. I said when I am out.

What are some of you dreams, would you like me to crush them for you? You have no idea what I am in school for, nor what my career plans are, nor what I come from in family business
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I have no student loans, and I never said the day I graduate. I said when I am out.

What are some of you dreams, would you like me to crush them for you? You have no idea what I am in school for, nor what my career plans are, nor what I come from in family business
Don't worry about others' financial advice. Only you know your own sitch. My dad bought me my first Mustang, a 1965 GT coupe. I loved that thing and appreciated it as much as if I delivered a million papers to buy it. Not saying that your parents are buying you anything, but what does it matter if they did?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

By the time you get over 600 Ponies on a 5.0 built motor, you'll have way more than $5K in that build.
Also, a GT500 can be had for a lot less than 60 Grands and for about $2000 you'll have about 700hp.
Just saying...
I think he said 5k on the 'built motor' portion and 10k on the blower and other accessories.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gothand
Don't worry about others' financial advice. Only you know your own sitch. My dad bought me my first Mustang, a 1965 GT coupe. I loved that thing and appreciated it as much as if I delivered a million papers to buy it. Not saying that your parents are buying you anything, but what does it matter if they did?
Exactly man, Thanks! My parents bought me my first mustang which was my 2010 (ended up running into some issues and got the 2012 on a trade in they helped me with), but this is the only car they are ever going to buy me.

and even if they did help me on a shelby as a med school grad gift,

Originally Posted by Entaille
I think he said 5k on the 'built motor' portion and 10k on the blower and other accessories.
Yeah thats what I meant lol. 5k for the built forged motor, and 10k for the blower and exhaust and stuff
Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Entaille
You show me where you get a "built" motor for $5K and I'll go buy it tomorrow.
I'm talking about something with improved heads, cams etc, not a mill with only a mild stroke and forged internals.

$10K on a blower with accessories seems a little high though, even if you pay someone for the labor.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

You show me where you get a "built" motor for $5K and I'll go buy it tomorrow.
I'm talking about something with improved heads, cams etc, not a mill with only a mild stroke and forged internals.

$10K on a blower with accessories seems a little high though, even if you pay someone for the labor.
Listen I thought we were talking about just a forged shortblock capable of 1000hp lol. Never said cams and heads . I believe MMR has some nice setups though as well as JDM and Brenspeed
Old 01-19-2012, 05:46 PM
jpmotorsport

Originally Posted by gothand
Exactly. The point is; money is designed to come and go. My parents bought my first Stang and gave me half the down on this one. **** the haters. I love my parents.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:08 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Glad to see this turned into the spoiled brat thread.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
jamesfs912

Wow how old are you guys? I'm 24 and bought mine at 23 with no help from my parents. Had to sell my bike though...

Quick Reply: TSB 11-07-07 Piston Failure