Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Selling Rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Default Selling Rant

***** This is me ranting*****

So as everyone pretty much knows I am selling my modd'ed 2011 GT. What I dont get, is that a gorgeous car like mine, with only 6000 miles on it, gets numerous comments everywhere I take it, glowing looks of jealousy, and nods of approval from literally every single person I am next to while driving..... I dont get why people LOWBALL me!

I have people offering $20,000 saying it isnt worth a dime more and the modifications are hurting the car. I understand they are not for everyone but COME ON! $20k?!?!?1 Are they kidding? It is at least worth what I dont know 85% of what is into it right? So about $45,000 x 85% = $38,250... And I am offering it at $32,000! That is what 71.1% of what I have into it?!?!?! What kind of butt-head (I am trying to stop swearing so dont make fun) offers less than half of what the car has into it. The car is PERFECT!!! Not a single thing wrong with it? I mean okay this is the ad I have for it..

Hey guys...

I am still selling my 2011 GT. Tons of mods, over $45,000 into the car. I can deliver it if needed. $1 / mile. I lost my job and now I have to sell it. Nothing wrong with it at all! Just like new!

Mods:

Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft (11-12 GT) $769.99
http://www.americanmuscle.com/2011-g...riveshaft.html

Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust (11-12 GT) $829.99
http://www.americanmuscle.com/magnaf...ck-2011gt.html

American Racing Long Tube Headers and X Pipe Mustang 5.0 2011-UP 1 7/8" Primaries, 3" Merge Collectors, 3" X-Pipe (No Cats) $1,484.90
http://www.americanracingheaders.com...L_Mustang.html

C&L CAI and SF3 Tuner (11-12 GT) $674.99
http://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-in...er-2011gt.html

N2MB Racing Dual Feature WOT Box $199.00
http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...ot-box-p-33643

Eibach 2011 Mustang GT Sportline Spring Set $259.95
http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...ng-set-p-32362

Next few are a 3dCarbon Body kit that is not yet on the car but will come with it.

Front Bumper Replacement, R/L Side Skirts, Rear Lower, 3d500 Rear Spoiler $1,194.00
http://www.3dcarbon.com/style_kits.a...=2&l3=10&l4=20

Window Scoops - Type III $214.00
http://www.3dcarbon.com/style_kits.a...=2&l3=10&l4=18

GT Headlight Splitters $125.00

Hood Scoop $315.00

Front Fender Vents $239.00

Side Quarter Panel Scoops $214.00

Black Retro Mustang Upper Billet Grille (10-12 GT) $149.99
http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...ille-2010.html

Ford OEM Strut Tower Brace $160

Barton Short Throw Shifter - $300 (Not installed yet.) -I can install for a fee.

I had Phil Long Ford install a set of Ford Racing Performance Parts 3.73 Rear Ring and Pinion kit into the car. This gives it better acceleration. That set me back roughly $1,700.00. Ouch I know, but it was well worth it!

So other than that, the only other thing in the car is the stereo system which my credit card says was $4,067.32 from Car Toys also here in Colorado Springs. It sounds amazing. Includes video/nav head unit.
Pioneer Navigation DVD Head unit, JL Audio 10 inch subwoofers in a custom box in trunk that mounts flush, JL Audio XD Series 600 watt amps. One for the subs and one for the other speakers. Focal 5x7 speakers running on the JL amp. It is a show and competition ready sounding car.

The car is currently sponsored by American Racing Headers, Eibach Springs, Car Toys, 3dCarbon, and Magnaflow Performance Exhaust..

You can get the body kit painted at my rate by a local shop called Custom Cars and Bikes of Colorado. It is off academy and carefree. They will paint the body kit, install it, make black mesh grills for the scoops, mold the hood scoop into the hood(not just glue it on), and mount my fog lights behind my grille, blackout the fog lights and the side running and marker lights, and all for $1500. That is a DAMN good deal and I wish I could do it. If the buyer wishes I can have this kit installed before pickup of the car/transport.

Also if you have any problems are want something changed with the audio stereo system you can go to Elite Audio Solutions. If you wish for more power, then in Denver, a shop called Speed Mafia will put a turbo or supercharger on it for $4,500. That is like half the price it normally is. Again I can have this done before shipping or pickup.

Car runs perfect and is incredibly fast!

Oil changed every 2k miles. I will change it before delivering car if you wish too.

Message me with an email or phone number for more pictures of the car if you wish to see them.

406-696-9386

Car is also on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...t_43874wt_1165

Please help me out and buy my amazing stang off of me. I will most likely try and find you and buy it back when I am able to get back on my feet. Thanks

-Wes

Like are you serious? I have listed it all out there! They can crunch the numbers themselves and see how much I have into the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gah people **** me off and and amaze me. "Your car isnt worth that much. The mods make it practically worthless."-Random guy....

I am not arguing that to some people modifications on a car (mostly dealers) make the car less valuable, however the dealer offered me more than $20,000 !!!!

So I am done for now.... I had to complain to those I know will understand. Maybe I love the car too much, and value it too much as well. Who knows...

Comments and replies welcome
Old 09-01-2011, 06:28 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Hate to say it, but mods won't really add any value to the car. I'd go to a website like Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds (edmund's TMV, True Market Value) and figure out how much your car is worth third party, stock, and go from there. You can add maybe a thousand for grins, but more than likely the mods won't help the value. If you still have the stock parts, it might be more beneficial to return the car to stock and sell the mods seperately.

But I agree on the $20k lowball offer being ridiculous, just ignore those kind of offers.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

There will always be people out there lowballing you. To be honest it's worth their trouble because some people are stupid enough to believe things like that and will sell for a steal.

It's true as parchisi said though, that those mods are effectively worthless on that car. People who want mods are the types who will want to do it themselves, and others will feel wary of what they might be getting into. I'd put back the stock parts and sell the rest and get maybe half back out of your mods. You'll be better off that way.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

LONG POST but you NEED TO READ THIS!

Even though mods often do not add to the car's value often times they do as well.
NO WAY IN HELL you should even come CLOSE to selling that thing for 20k.

I think that thing should go for over 30k bro.
Our 06GT we got 17k I believe for the trade in and we had it modded pretty stout...
Hot Rod Cams
4.10 gears
BBK long tube headers
BBK long tubes
BBK high flow catted x pipe
C&L CAI
Custom dyno tune
Louvers
Headlight splitters
Custom stripe job
GT500 front splitter
Exedy Mach 400 clutch
MGW short throw shifter
custom air brushed plenum cover and fuel rail covers
Black saleen style wheels.
Pioneer 3300BT unit with satellite and Nav system.

They knocked off NOTHING for the trade in price for the mods.
We actually got over 3k more for the trade in before we told them we were interested in the
GT500 and notified them off all the modifications.
We had over 50k mi. at the time we traded it in.
And it was a freaking five year old car!
We did not have time to sell it to a private owner because someone just would have snatched up our dream car GT500 we got for such a great price with low mileage.

You need to speak with them with enthusiasm about the mods and explain just
how nice the car is and how much you babied the car and how much money you put into it with mods, and how
well the car performs. Don't give them a HINT that you expect to get less for the car because of mods,
and when they start talking that way... tell them to hold up and go through that again and explain to them
how many people you know alone that would pay good money for a car that performed along the lines of those special edition Mustangs
but did not have quite that much money, but nevertheless would be glad to pay more than for a stock GT.
Make them KNOW you KNOW this and when they offer some sort of rebuttal to it just tell them you know better than that
and have people you KNOW that have paid more for a well modded virtually new Mustang for the price you are asking for.
Tell them you you DAMN WELL they aren't going to sell it for less than a stock GT with those miles and that you aren't gonna fall for that line.
You don't have to be rude but make it seem like the story they are trying to sell you is a joke and even chuckle at it to them if need be to get that across to them.

Like I said no way in HELL you should be at 20k on that Mustang bro.
Seems like you are just getting people trying to low ball you like you said.
Was this for a trade in or selling to a private person?

If I was a private person I would add in your advertisement that you will not take any lower than a certain price and tell people on serious inquiries need to contact you.
If it was trade in for some dealerships you are dealing with some shady *** dealerships just trying to bend your azz over.

I just saw in your post those STUPID comments you had from people.
They obviously know nothing about cars and are trying to blow smoke up your azz.
Like I said re do your advertisement and say you will not take offers lower than... and put a price you feel is TRULY your bottom price. Then again put in the add only serious inquiries and interested people to contact you. That will wake them up a little and let them know you are not one to be screwed over.

Think about it as far as the dealership trade in too
Compare the price we got for trade in to your car, its year model, it's mods, and it's mileage. That is just a RIDICULOUSLY low offer.
Sometimes dealerships will lower the trade in price A LITTLE on a modded car but
That price is ludicrous. And it's true there are dealerships that will give you more for a nicely modded car
with low mileage. I'd consider even taking it to a dealership in some other area.

When they tell you there is not a market for used modded Mustangs and selling it will be REALLY hard, they are BULLSHATING you. Trust me.
I have my brother, cousin, and my uncle, in the dealership business and so was my grandfather. They have modded mustangs come in all the time
and often customers are more interested in those than they are stock ones. They know damn well there IS a market out there for people
who can't afford to shell out the HUGE bucks for a blown ROUSH, a new BOSS, or a GT500 and would love to get their hands on a well
modded GT. The market is not as big... but the dealerships DO cash in on the mods. Make no mistake about it.
And dealerships will often give you some money for a nice, good condition, low mileage, modified Mustang.

Although I was not old enough to remember my grandfather and he was gone way before these days came around.... my brother, cousin, and uncle have all confirmed to me that is B.S., and they all sell or manage at dealerships in different locations.
And no we did not even do our trade in with the 06GT for the GT500 with them, or anyone they knew when we got our trade in and got
more than we would have before we told them and showed them the mods we had done.

Just set your bottom line on what you will take and go to different dealerships that will give you REALLY close to that number, or wait for a private buyer to do the same. Don't give in and have your azz handed to you bro.
Your azz should be exit only haha!

Seriously. Those offers are pretty much very rude and offensive offers.
I understand why you are hacked off at them so just keep searching till you find
a fair up to par dealership that will treat you RIGHT and with respect.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-01-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM
GT Mustang FTW

I'm interested in the box you have for the subs. Is that a custom job or did you purchase it from somewhere? (Link?)

Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

That's too bad that people seriously offer 20k for that car. I hate that garbage. They know damn well its worth more but they put on a bull**** face and pretend like it isn't.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:30 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Yep, selling a heavily modded car is difficult to get your $$'s out of. I would sell off the body kit and anything else that is not attached. Looking at it from a buyers view point, everything modded comes with no warranty. The dealers might have issues with the mods so there again is a possible warranty issue depending on where the car ends up.

So, basically, would you want to buy a car heavily modded by someone you do not know, with the possibility of having dealer issues with warranty work, and no warranty on any of the mods....even with low miles? Looking at things realistically is hard sometimes.

And, the lowballers....just tell them no...real simple...don't let it get to you. They are hoping for that one desperate person who will say yes just to get out from under a bill. I always start off lower when buying because most have a bottom dollar they will take. I try not to insult them with a stupid offer either.

Look around at like cars for sale and see where the pricing is at and how long they have been for sale. There is someone out there for that car...you just have to get the adds out to find them. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Thundersteel
2nd Gear Member

I lost my job and now I have to sell it.
This may be a key reason why all the lowball offers. That sentence sounds like you are desparate to get rid of it.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thundersteel
This may be a key reason why all the lowball offers. That sentence sounds like you are desparate to get rid of it.
Yeah I cant really take that off my ebay post, you can only add, but I do see that now. Thanks.

Originally Posted by AzPete
Yep, selling a heavily modded car is difficult to get your $$'s out of. I would sell off the body kit and anything else that is not attached. Looking at it from a buyers view point, everything modded comes with no warranty. The dealers might have issues with the mods so there again is a possible warranty issue depending on where the car ends up.

So, basically, would you want to buy a car heavily modded by someone you do not know, with the possibility of having dealer issues with warranty work, and no warranty on any of the mods....even with low miles? Looking at things realistically is hard sometimes.

And, the lowballers....just tell them no...real simple...don't let it get to you. They are hoping for that one desperate person who will say yes just to get out from under a bill. I always start off lower when buying because most have a bottom dollar they will take. I try not to insult them with a stupid offer either.

Look around at like cars for sale and see where the pricing is at and how long they have been for sale. There is someone out there for that car...you just have to get the adds out to find them. Good luck.
I am trying haha. This was a private buyer. Dealer offered me $28,000. Thing is that I dont think my car counts as "heavily modified". I mean yes I have some decent modifications but for instance the body kit is not on it yet. Oh well. I know someone who wants to do what I did will ****** it up instead of buying a new one.

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
That's too bad that people seriously offer 20k for that car. I hate that garbage. They know damn well its worth more but they put on a bull**** face and pretend like it isn't.
yeah. I dont give in trust me.

Originally Posted by GT Mustang FTW
I'm interested in the box you have for the subs. Is that a custom job or did you purchase it from somewhere? (Link?)

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks, it was custom made.

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
LONG POST but you NEED TO READ THIS!

Seriously. Those offers are pretty much very rude and offensive offers.
I understand why you are hacked off at them so just keep searching till you find
a fair up to par dealership that will treat you RIGHT and with respect.
Thanks a ton man, that made me feel a bit better. I am just sick of people trying to fool me. I KNOW how much I paid for it! I had a dealer quote me $24,000 because the exhaust was loud. I told them to stuff it because they would just supercharge it install the body kit and sell it for $50,000. I heard them talking about it. Grrr effing people man.

Originally Posted by pdonket
There will always be people out there lowballing you. To be honest it's worth their trouble because some people are stupid enough to believe things like that and will sell for a steal.

It's true as parchisi said though, that those mods are effectively worthless on that car. People who want mods are the types who will want to do it themselves, and others will feel wary of what they might be getting into. I'd put back the stock parts and sell the rest and get maybe half back out of your mods. You'll be better off that way.
I know, which is why I am willing to let it go at stock price.

Originally Posted by parchisi
Hate to say it, but mods won't really add any value to the car. I'd go to a website like Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds (edmund's TMV, True Market Value) and figure out how much your car is worth third party, stock, and go from there. You can add maybe a thousand for grins, but more than likely the mods won't help the value. If you still have the stock parts, it might be more beneficial to return the car to stock and sell the mods seperately.

But I agree on the $20k lowball offer being ridiculous, just ignore those kind of offers.
Yeah i dont have the stock parts haha. and will do.

Oh I have it in writing that my car is still under warranty When I got the pressure plate falling off syndrome I made sure I was still good and had the GM and a service rep both sign off on it. So that is good news.

If you know anyone, throw them my way!

KBB says $30,240 for my car. So I think $32,000 OBO is more than fair haha
Old 09-02-2011, 04:59 AM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

In a bad economy it may take a while to sell and it is much harder for many to get used car loans right now without putting some cash down. You won't get much for the mods.

Quick Reply: Selling Rant