Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New 5.0 Pictures + "Kasper" Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
stangs13
1st Gear Member

I hope whatever the situation is that it goes well, Does the Saleen grille come with the 5.0 emblem?? I have been really considering a White 2012.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

The car is really taking shape! Great choice on everything, can't wait to see the wheels on.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

As soon as the sun comes back out I'll get some pics of the 5.0 badges. I really like how they look on the white paint. Definately a great low cost mod.

stangs13 - The 5.0 badge does not come with the Saleen grille. You can buy it on eBay, they come in a set of 2.

Wheel pics will have to wait for now I will post wheel pics as soon as I can. I really need my wheels to complete my look. Those skinny silver stock rims are pathetic.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 PM
stangs13
1st Gear Member

Okay thanks for the info! Can't wait to see pictures!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Here are a couple pics of the black 5.0 badges...

The pics are a bit crappy, I don't have a great camera and I'm no photographer.

And let's not forget the stock wheels and tires are still on. Coming up on 20 weeks after I placed my order.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I bought the same 5.0 emblem myself (from blue oval industries). How did you go about the process in terms of taking off the chrome 5.0 emblem?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
I bought the same 5.0 emblem myself (from blue oval industries). How did you go about the process in terms of taking off the chrome 5.0 emblem?
I used the blue painters tape to create a perimeter around the stock chrome emblem, mostly for placement of the new emblem.

Then I used dental floss in a "sawing" motion to separate them from the fender. On the drivers side there are 2 pins that go through the fender. One at the top of the 5 and one at the bottom. On the passenger side the 2 pins are on the "0". One at the top and one at the bottom. I'll see if I can find a pic.

The glue residue that remains comes off very easily, you can just roll it off with your thumb.

Apologies my Veteran brother, I don't have a pic of the fender without the emblem. I'm such a slacker.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Templar
I used the blue painters tape to create a perimeter around the stock chrome emblem, mostly for placement of the new emblem.

Then I used dental floss in a "sawing" motion to separate them from the fender. On the drivers side there are 2 pins that go through the fender. One at the top of the 5 and one at the bottom. On the passenger side the 2 pins are on the "0". One at the top and one at the bottom. I'll see if I can find a pic.

The glue residue that remains comes off very easily, you can just roll it off with your thumb.

Apologies my Veteran brother, I don't have a pic of the fender without the emblem. I'm such a slacker.
No problem and thanks. The information was good, actually the info you just gave was needed because I didn't know whether there were pins attached or not (so now I know). Thanks alot ;0)
Old 12-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
No problem and thanks. The information was good, actually the info you just gave was needed because I didn't know whether there were pins attached or not (so now I know). Thanks alot ;0)
No prob you're welcome. I was disappointed when I found the pins (before I ordered the black badges). I was going to debadge the fenders altogether.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:44 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Templar
No prob you're welcome. I was disappointed when I found the pins (before I ordered the black badges). I was going to debadge the fenders altogether.
Yeah, I'm just trying to go for the Black and Ignot Silver Theme as much as possible. I also bought the CS/BOSS 302 Front Lower Fascia w/Fog Lights as well.

Quick Reply: New 5.0 Pictures + "Kasper" Build Thread