Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Boss Intake write up

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:48 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Good to see someone take the time to write a detailed set of instructions of the procedure to properly install one of these. That is s0omething that is now completely devoid of all car mags. They just now do car eye candy with very little useful substantial procedural instructions for wrenching on a car properly.

Those guys should be commended for actually taking the time to do such a proper write-up.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Default Boss Intake write up

I found a great write up on another forum, I'm sure this information will go to good use, I plan on getting one of these real soon.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t286131/
Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

As far as these Boss intake manifolds they sell, I wonder if they also sell the side covers that flank the Boss manifold? Covering up the hoses and harness lines makes for a cleaner looking engine bay, and the Boss side covers just look sweet with this manifold.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Yea its def great information, I'd like to tackle this myself pretty soon.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

It's pretty easy. Did it myself with the guide from mustang evolutions forums.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:55 AM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Here is the dress-up kit:HERE
Here is the purge mount bracket: HERE
You will also need some hose to go from the purge line behind the throttle body on the manifold to the purge valve.

OR

Get all FOMOCO installation parts

It's an easy install, when disconnecting the fuel-rail. Just place a towel or some rags around it to catch the fuel. It's a little messy but not an issue. Don't forget to torque down the bolts correctly.
THISis the install guide I used.

Last edited by cjs06; 10-10-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cjs06
You will also need some hose to go from the purge line behind the throttle body on the manifold to the purge valve.

OR

It's an easy install, when disconnecting the fuel-rail. Just place a towel or some rags around it to catch the fuel. It's a little messy but not an issue. Don't forget to torque down the bolts correctly.
Nice find! On you own Boss manifold, did you install the side fuel rail covers? If so, how easy are they to pull back off if you would ever have to get at the injectors, rails, etc?

My fear is that the snap tabs would be one way/one use only and pulling it off would require having to replace the snap tabs every time.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:52 AM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Nice find! On you own Boss manifold, did you install the side fuel rail covers? If so, how easy are they to pull back off if you would ever have to get at the injectors, rails, etc?

My fear is that the snap tabs would be one way/one use only and pulling it off would require having to replace the snap tabs every time.

This is what mine looks like. The side fuel covers are held in place by bolts on each side. The only plastic tabs I ran across were two that were holding a wiring harness behind the manifold. I broke one of them *shrug*.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

OR

Nice! Thank you.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

[IMG]The only plastic tabs I ran across were two that were holding a wiring harness behind the manifold. I broke one of them *shrug*.
I broke two of them ... lol!

Quick Reply: Boss Intake write up