Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Which after cat X pipe??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure if the resonators will make it any louder. I had my resonators cut out and replaced with straight pipe. It didn't seem to make it louder, but gave it a different tone.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I've got the SLP Loudmouth axle back on my 2012 GT and i LOVE it. I plan on doing an o/r x around mid February and have a set of Kooks headers on by the end of March. With the JLT cold air and tune from Bama performance I hope I'll be running low 12's on 1/4 mile.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

I dont know how the emissions testing goes in your state, because Michigan has absolutely zero emission laws. But I have heard rumors from some people on here that they have slipped the emissions testers $100 bucks or so to get their car to pass code. I dont know how true or not that is.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 AM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

A few people have lost power with the X on the 2011+ 5.0's.
But have actually gained with the H-pipe, opposite than years passed!

I say go with the JBA After cay H-pipe, it is designed to bolt right up to the stock setup.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

ive never seen anyone report a loss of power from an off-road X pipe, can you cite a source on that? ive seen most people gain 10whp-15whp from the o/r x... i can show my sources if you doubt. The H's on these cars tend to cause it to be raspy sounding, Xs deeper. in 05-10 it was the other way around, but even then the HP gain was about the same either way you went and from what ive seen on the internet for 11+ the X and H pipes give the same hp, just different exhaust tone/sound.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:52 PM
jpmotorsport

I'm from NYC, decided to go with the Borla s type axlebck and corsa after cat x - waiting on the x pipe to get then I will install. They had the best bang for buck ratio.

Also, I'd research the axle back some more - there's a thread on another mustang forum where a bunch of owners have found serious rust leaks on their roush examples. But perhaps Roush resolved the issue by the latest batches currently shipping.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

I'm considering the bassani x pipe to use with my roush axle backs, but I've read posts where others have installed x pipes and got a strange smell afterwards. Is there a known issue with this?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:47 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well my roush axlebacks have been installed and they sound great, but I would like it a little bit louder. It would DEFINITELY be way to loud with an o/r x, so I wonder if deleting the resonators will help any.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
I'm considering the bassani x pipe to use with my roush axle backs, but I've read posts where others have installed x pipes and got a strange smell afterwards. Is there a known issue with this?
Removing the cats are know to make the car smell
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
B.A.Q

Has anyone tried the Magnaflow x pipe with the stock exhaust? will it fit directly and won't have issues with the 3"

I'm planning on getting that to get rid of the cats and probably keep the stock exhaust for now and think about changing it depending on how loud will it be.

Quick Reply: Which after cat X pipe??