Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ford Racing K Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
mattaglover

Default Ford Racing K Springs

Has anyone put the 1.5 inch springs on? I was told camber bolts are not needed. So all i need is a panhard bar correct?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

replace the strut mounts as well...
Old 01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Actually you will need CC plates for the alignment.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
mattaglover

I am being told by the shop I dont need anything but springs and panhard. They are telling me it stays within specs without cc plates or camber bolts. The old guy I have been talking with has done two of these cars so far. Im just not sure because I see some people say you need them and some say you dont. Why is that?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Just to be sure, I would get the camber and caster plates too. You never know to be honest.

Sure, most cars can get by without them, but when it comes to further suspension mods you might want to do down the line, the CC plates would then become indispensable.

If your shop guy says you will be okay without them, I say go ahead as he says so long as he guarantees his work and his claim.
And just in case he is wrong, you should make an agreement that he would correct the work and put on adjustable CC plates for free as part of the correction.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
mattaglover

Thanks man. Thats a good idea. He said bring it back in 6weeks to look it over and he will adjust again if needed. I will have him do the plate then if it shows any wear on the tires.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:21 AM
bruthru2003
2nd Gear Member

I just used the bolts with my car when I got my K springs. I have the panhard on the way now. The bolts gave plenty of adjustment.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 AM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bruthru2003
I just used the bolts with my car when I got my K springs. I have the panhard on the way now. The bolts gave plenty of adjustment.
Just curious, which bolts did u use? There are about three on the market and they all advertise different max adjustments.
Thx
Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
bruthru2003
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uin2it
Just curious, which bolts did u use? There are about three on the market and they all advertise different max adjustments.
Thx
I used the Eibach Pro Align bolts. The car didn't need much and they worked out perfect to get it within the specs. I have a J&M Adj. Panhard bar on the way to get the rear end centered. Might wait to put that on until I get LCA's.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:32 PM
outastockjohn
2nd Gear Member

when i put my k springs in, and did the alinement at work, i used camber bolts from NAPA, and started with them all the way out. didnt need adjustment on the camber after that. i set my BMR panhard bar to the stock length, and i was only .5 degrees off center. so if i i were on a tight budget, i say the bolts are more important than the panhard bar. i heard that the upper mounts need to be replaced, but i havent had problems with them clicking or popping, and i autocross alittle, so thats up to you. enjoy.

Quick Reply: Ford Racing K Springs