Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

A grown Man crying inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 PM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mark_byers39
HOLY CRAP!!! I hate to say it man but that looks totaled
lol

a 2012 car will take a lot more than that to total loss. MD is 75% of ACV to declare a total loss. You're not looking at $25k+ of damage here.

But OP, I dunno who told you your "frame" was bent (your car doesn't have a frame, it has a unibody), but there is definitely going to be some structural damage there.

Get the car into a good shop and let them get to work. It's going to take some time to put back together, but it'll be fine in the end.

Hope you get better soon, too. Let this be a lesson, never agree to an FST. You are under no obligation to take one, ever. They are generally designed to be failed.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
jakegoku
1st Gear Member

Wow, I'm just glad you're not dead. Those pirellis don't like the cold at all
Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Son...you sure you were only doing 20-30MPH...cause that damage don't look like just 20-30 MPH....

Regardless, crap happens to the best of us dude. Sounds like you got it worse than most. Sorry about that. Sorry you hurt youself and sorry you broke your car.

Look at it this way, it can only get better. Hope you start feeling better soon.

I'm curious guys, if you haven't been drinking, why not take the sobriety test and clear it up right off the bat?

Last edited by potman; 02-16-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
To the supporters of lawsuits......just remember where that money comes from every time you get your paycheck with your state taxes withholding summary. Not saying that medical attention wasn't needed, course ditty might have said no to that too and not remember it either.
Valid points as the op has stated many times that he does not remember this that and the other thing, just saying.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

I would say it looks about like 20 mph damage.... thers a lot of bent metal, but its not like it ripped anything off. No major sections missing, just some crunch..

I would support the fact that it was a 20-30 mph crash.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman

I'm curious guys, if you haven't been drinking, why not take the sobriety test and clear it up right off the bat?
A field sobriety test? Because you're not required to take one and it's a subjective pass/fail test. The only response should be "not until I speak with my attorney, am I free to go now?"

How many times have you heard of someone being released after agreeing to a FST?

Why not just let them search your house for drugs while they're at it?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by essayons
A field sobriety test? Because you're not required to take one and it's a subjective pass/fail test. The only response should be "not until I speak with my attorney, am I free to go now?"

How many times have you heard of someone being released after agreeing to a FST?

Why not just let them search your house for drugs while they're at it?
I failed one (the physical part), blew .00 and was let go. If you blow and it's zero you're out of there 9 times out of 10 unless they think you're high or on medication. The only reason you wouldn't blow is if you've been drinking.

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 02-17-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I failed one (the physical part), blew .00 and was let go. If you blow and it's zero you're out of there period, the only reason you wouldn't blow is if you've been drinking.
a field sobriety test is a physical test, unless the officers are just making it up as they go. Which is entirely possible, but would hold precisely zero water if they attempted to make it show up in court. Eye movement, walk-and-turn, one legged stand.

Typically a decision has already been made when an FST is going to be given, if you take it and they can say you failed, it gives enough to arrest you and take you in. If you decline the FST, it gives enough reasonable suspicion to take you in for a chem test.

Realistically, though, each portion of the FST is individually less than 90% accurate at determining that someone "may" have a BAC above .08. So you're looking at a test that determines a possibility of a possibility. And it's a question as to why anyone should take one?

And the only reason I wouldn't consent to a search of my vehicle is because I have something to hide?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Try to beat everything any way you can. The repercussions can last a long time. When I lived in Michigan I had a similar incident. I can tell you that the incident stayed on my D/L record for 3 years & insurance record for 5 years.
If you are convicted you may not be insurable for a Mustang. My insurance went from $420 for 6 months to $1800 for 6 months and like you I had not been drinking.
My advise would be to fight everything as hard as you can, anyway you can.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 AM
mark_byers39
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by essayons
lol

a 2012 car will take a lot more than that to total loss. MD is 75% of ACV to declare a total loss. You're not looking at $25k+ of damage here.

But OP, I dunno who told you your "frame" was bent (your car doesn't have a frame, it has a unibody), but there is definitely going to be some structural damage there.
Well, you could be right but just based on those pics, I would have to say it looks totaled but hard to say till you get all the sheet metal out of the way. I think what they mean by "frame" these days is the structure beneath. I know last year around this same time my 06 GT was in the shop and it had $6,000+ in damage just from hitting a curb! It actually bent the support beneath the fender. It doesn't take much these days to total one out unfortunately They might look like old '69s but man, they sure aren't built as indestructible :-\ I definitely hope I'm wrong though and that it isn't totaled. It sucks loosing a new car

Quick Reply: A grown Man crying inside