Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

A grown Man crying inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Total bull
Car winds up getting fked. Air bag knocks the hell out of you and they try to pin drunk driving on you. And don't get you an ambulance. Isn't it required for most wrecks where air bags deploy?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

This is why I switched to all season tires. I was lucky though. All it took was me driving a friend home at 2am. His drunk *** asks me "show me what this thing can do"..my stupid *** attempting to show him...and the 40 degree weather laughing as I 180 and smack my drivers side rear tire into a curb...

It could have been a lot worse. Same for you..there could have been another car involved. Be thankful for that..it could have been worse.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Sorry it took so long, but here are the gruesome pictures of my sweet Scarlette all banged up. I'm going to ask to keep the hood as a reminder (and a piece of wall art).

And one of the Truck that I'm back to driving until the car is back on four wheels.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

They never had you looked at by medical personnel? WHAT THE HELL? They did see the car didn't they! lol...That would make your argument a little stronger.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
SterlingGrayV8

Man - that looks even worse in the light of day. Is that a shadow on your driver's door at the hinge area or is the fender pulled away?

Lucky you weren't hurt. I hope everything comes out well for you.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Did they even call an ambulance to have you looked at? Were you eventually taken to the hospital by the police before they threw you in jail?

Sorry that this happened to you OP, but I think you have a case to sue the police dept./officers who responded (not sure who will be held liable) if the circumstances are true. This situation is unbelievable, and the officers sound like world class retards if they couldn't pick up on the fact that you were dazed and out of it from such an accident in bad weather to boot.

Good luck, and glad to see that the car portion of this nightmare is getting taken care of.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

An airbag exploded in your face.

And they expect you to pass field sobriety?

You had head trauma... And they made you sign paperwork?

You were operating on autopilot and you were acting correctly to refuse everything you could.

Also - how in the hell are you supposed to control 400 rear wheel horsepower on ice?

Sue the cops for every dime you can. This kind of stuff really burns me up, and the fact that it was county makes it worse. I would expect this kind of crap from state or city, but not county.

County has, in my experience, always been the good guy. I can always reason disputes with County, and they've never forced me to make decisions I'm incapable of.

Give em' hell. Prayers are with you.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 AM
mark_byers39
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ditty
Sorry it took so long, but here are the gruesome pictures of my sweet Scarlette all banged up. I'm going to ask to keep the hood as a reminder (and a piece of wall art).
HOLY CRAP!!! I hate to say it man but that looks totaled As for the rest of it, those cops were completely out of line! Anyone with any sense would know that after something smacks somebody in the face or head they aren't going to be in the best mental state. I feel for you, I really hope it all falls in your favor and that you get a judge with sense enough to realize what they did was completely wrong. Best of luck to you!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

To the supporters of lawsuits......just remember where that money comes from every time you get your paycheck with your state taxes withholding summary. Not saying that medical attention wasn't needed, course ditty might have said no to that too and not remember it either.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

It's unbelievable that instinctively the cops treated you like a criminal! No medical treatment were given at the scene. The cops were terrible in treating you like this. This is the reason why I have rather very low regard toward the " To Protect and To Service" bunch! I have encountered cops like you described and I believe the only difference between a cop and a criminal is the former wears a uniform. Bunch of under-achievers with a big macho ego to match.

Quick Reply: A grown Man crying inside