Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Dumb Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Thundercloud

Default Dumb Question

Hi Guys,

I have a question that I think I may know the answer to, but you know what they say about *** U ME ing.

The Shop Vac hose coming off of the stock air intake box that leads back into the firewall. Does it actually serve any purpose at all other than sound??

I am getting ready to order a new CAI, most likely the Steeda and BAMA Tuner from AM and want to dipose of that ugly thing from under my hood. I have noticed where some CAI makers offer a plug if you choose got to use it.

But if it is actually needed for something important I wouldn't want to just yank it out and cap it off.

Thanks in advance for your help, new to the Mustang world, used to have an SRT-8 Challenger, but loving this new Mustang!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I just installed the same thing this Saturday. The hose you are referring to is the sound tube. What this hose does is pipe sound into the driver compartment for a more muscle car sound for the driver. You will receive a cover for that, that will go over the outlet on the air damn. I took the hose off the check valve on the firewall and then put black electrical tape over it. I can send/post pictures if you like?

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 03-12-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling
Old 03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Morty8833
1st Gear Member

Other than sound it serves no other purpose, take it off and it will open your engine compartment up a bit and it looks so much better when its off.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Thundercloud

Hey Sleeper,

Did you notice $700 dollars worth of additional power with the new Steeda CAI and Bama Tuner?? I really want to pull the trigger, but also wanting the CDC RTR front fascia and splitter. Can't decide which to do first, but both will happen as soon as I recover from the new wheels and tires, flow master axle backs, and all the Scott Drake Billet and Strut Tower brace under the hood. Also wanting the Barton Short Throw Shifter and 373's but either I need to go rob a bank or try to curb my urge to tach up the credit cards. LOL!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thundercloud
Hey Sleeper,

Did you notice $700 dollars worth of additional power with the new Steeda CAI and Bama Tuner?? I really want to pull the trigger, but also wanting the CDC RTR front fascia and splitter. Can't decide which to do first, but both will happen as soon as I recover from the new wheels and tires, flow master axle backs, and all the Scott Drake Billet and Strut Tower brace under the hood. Also wanting the Barton Short Throw Shifter and 373's but either I need to go rob a bank or try to curb my urge to tach up the credit cards. LOL!!!!
I'd buy it again! My wife even said it was worth it. I was really impressed with power, throttle response, improved idle, and sound. I see you already spent a lot on Mods, but when you can afford it I would do it.

p.s. I'm trying to talk my wife into letting be get new wheels, headers and an x-pipe...LOL

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 03-12-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Thundercloud

Thanks Bud!! If it is Wife approved, it must be good. Tell her thanks for her review!! LOL!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

She giggled and said "No problem dude."