Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Dynomax 39504 axle back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM
JQ3_GT

Default Dynomax 39504 axle back exhaust

Just got my '12 black GT last Friday. Can't find much info on the Dynomax axle back exhaust. I had Dynomax mufflers on my '90 GT a looooong tome ago and they were sweet. Real deep but not too loud.

I thought I'd try them again. So I ordered some from amazon Saturday. Should be here today. They were $310 shipping included and Dynomax is giving $75 gift cards with purchase. Also, they have a 90 day performance/sound warranty.

Any comments on what they'll sound like? Car is still all stock.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 AM
JQ3_GT

I intended for the subject line to say"Dynomax 39504 axle back exhaust". I couldn't find they edit button.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I have never heard of that exhaust, let us know how you like it, post a vid if you can (although the audio never records well for exhaust clips)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM
JQ3_GT

Well I got them installed today. They are smaller and lighter than the OEM mufflers, but the fit is kind of strange. Instead of them lying parallel to the ground like the stock mufflers, both Dynomax mufflers are at an angle. Both me and the installer were wondering why in the H@&& did they make them like that????!!!

Aside from their position I really like the sound. They're MUCH deeper than the stock mufflers, but a little louder than the stock ones. Throughout the rev range the rumble is deep while settling into a low deep rumble in the OD gears. I imagine they'll get louder as they break in. The tips are nice with Dynomax inscribed on both tips.

So far my two complaints are that - 1. there's a rattle somewhere, but it appears that the left side is a little loose...easy fix I think 2. it is just plain stupid to have them aligned at an angle. I can see no benefit to this! Looking from the rear at a distance it looks terrible to me!

When I get a chance I'll try to get a video and takes some pics of the install. I really like the sound...deep, but a little louder than stock. I guess if I wanted them louder I could remove the resonator like I did on my '08 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee.

Everyone, was doing the usual...Flowmaster, Borla, Corsca, GT 500, etc. I decided to be different!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
aep4749

JQ, any chance you got a chance to make a video? I am probably going to buy these mufflers. I have a dynomax exhaust on my 93 and I love it. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
JQ3_GT

I've not had a chance to make a video/sound clip. Although, I tried shortly after I had them installed, but it sounded like crap. I've been too busy since then to try again.

My plan is too try again this week...hopefully!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 PM
busarich

I have dynomax on my truck and opted to go with the dynomax catback for the car. It deletes the resonatos and the muffles are single Chambers and sound awesome I will get the part number for you and a video when I get back off of leave
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 PM
JQ3_GT

Finally got around to the video/sound clip of the Dynomax axle backs. It's the best I could do with what I have, a Sony Bloggie HD video camera. I'll try to get a drive by video up tomorrow...that's the plan anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os0rS...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by JQ3_GT; 04-28-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:03 AM
CoyoteGT

nice sound at startup

how does it sound at WOT? I'm looking for a deep sound at WOT as well. any chance you could get a vid of that?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM
JQ3_GT

I was able to get the driveby video done today. Sounds much better with headphones. Sorry for the long delay after the drive off. Also, could have been longer. I tried to make a WOT sound clip with my phone in the trunk, but it sounded distorted.

Remember use your headphones!!!

http://youtu.be/d2cJX2_ygC0

Quick Reply: Dynomax 39504 axle back exhaust