Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Possible clutch issue (6 day old car)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:17 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Mine is still doing it too.... Really bad when... Hit it in first hold clutch in while stopping... Try to take off and clutch stays on floor and makes me just about stall out. <- make sense? My car now had 5K and honestly, it seems to be going away/lightening up some. I plan to drive some more and address next time I am at Ford.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:05 AM
ring3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Mine is still doing it too.... Really bad when... Hit it in first hold clutch in while stopping... Try to take off and clutch stays on floor and makes me just about stall out. <- make sense? My car now had 5K and honestly, it seems to be going away/lightening up some. I plan to drive some more and address next time I am at Ford.
I never tried that. I'm sure it would do it though...any time I approached redline, the next time I tried to use the clutch, it wouldn't come all the way back up.

I mean, I get it, complex products sometimes have defects...but this clearly is an issue that is common enough that Ford should know EXACTLY what to do about it by now. And yet, it's been a MONTH and they only just now ordered a part? And I've searched the hell out of every mustang forum I can....plenty of others have run into this issue and NONE of them mentioned the clutch cylinder being replaced as the way to fix it. And yet that's what Ford told my dealer to do?

If I hadn't paid for an extra warranty that covered all roadside assistance, extended the powertrain warranty, and covered the cost of a rental during any warranty repair, this would have cost me well over $1000 by now just so I could get around. Even the third-party warranty company is getting annoyed now because it's taken so long...
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

I have this same issue myself in my 2011.

Can't decide if I am just going to trade it in before my warranty is up, or contact a Lemon lawyer.

I love this car very much, but god damn these problems!!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cbaty08

Can't decide if I am just going to trade it in before my warranty is up, or contact a Lemon lawyer.

Read the lemon laws for your state really well... Some states have less consumer friendly laws in place than others.

Good luck,
Don
Old 06-05-2012, 03:33 PM
ring3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cbaty08

I wouldn't contact a lemon lawyer just yet. I mean, you haven't TRIED to get it fixed, you know?

I'll be talking to somebody myself if this replacement clutch cylinder doesn't fix the issue, simply because it'll have been well over a month since I've even had my car, but as of yet I really have no idea if it will actually fix the issue.

If it does, I'll be perfectly happy. It'll have taken about 3 times as long as I think it should have but some of that is because I'm in Germany.

If it doesn't...well...lets just say I'm not going to wait around for another month for Ford to tell the dealership to try random things to fix a problem that, as far as I can tell, is common enough that they should know exactly what to do.

Last edited by ring3r; 06-05-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

Guys,

I appreciate your help and concern, but I have more than enough to qualify for the LL; my car has already been in the shop for more than 30 days.

I also have had them try to fix this problem; they replaced the pedal.

I've had 3 trannies and am on engine #2 already... don't get me started!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:19 AM
keoni1984

I think I remember reading something about the flywheel bolts backing out and causing these clutch pedal issues as well, but I could be totally wrong. Hopefully they get it all figured out. Sounds like a major PITA..
Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 AM
ring3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by keoni1984
I think I remember reading something about the flywheel bolts backing out and causing these clutch pedal issues as well, but I could be totally wrong. Hopefully they get it all figured out. Sounds like a major PITA..
It's past PITA.

I've contacted Ford in the states...they pass me off to Ford Germany, who doesn't respond to emails or acknowledge I've even said anything. I re-contacted Ford in the states, saying hey look I BOUGHT THIS CAR FROM MILITARY CAR SALES and it's an American make and model they don't sell here, give me some support....and all they said back was "contact Ford Germany...here's the contact info" which was the same thing they said before.

It's been 5 and a half weeks. I'm going lemon-law with this. Screw this crap. I want my damn money back.

***EDIT*** What happens the next time some little thing goes wrong? I wait another month and a half while they point the finger of blame at each other and do everything except actually fix my car?

***EDIT 2*** THIRD email from Ford customer service, just now. "we're sorry for the inconvenience Ford Germany's non-response to your issue is causing, but we have to direct you to them again because we can't do anything."

Right. So, I purchased a brand new vehicle and I'm being told point blank that the warranty on it is not being honored. Definitely getting my money back and buying something foreign at this point....this is just silly. I've been going back and forth with them for 2 weeks....i've mailed Ford Germany multiple times, no response, informed the only people who actually respond to my messages and 3 times they've told me there's nothing that can be done? STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT. Find a freaking way to make this right. Contact somebody in an official capacity and say hey this is not right, fix it. Do SOMETHING. It's not like I've not been informing people of what's going on.

Best part? One of the other soldiers in my battalion purchased the same car....2012 Mustang GT, from the same Military Car Sales dealership. Guess what he had to take the car in for warranty repairs after 2 weeks of ownership? So now he's going to go through the same thing. No support. No repair. Just sitting in a rental for weeks as his car sits in some dealer's lot.

Went and talked to the Military Car Sales dealer I bought the car from today too....he's aware both of us are having similar issues. He mentioned that he's hesitant to even suggest a Mustang to anybody....2 people with un-curable issues, not receiving support....within 2 weeks of purchase time? How far does Ford want to let this go? I don't usually pull the "US SOLDIER" card because I think it's pathetic....but both of us purchased American....even while in a foreign country...and we both got ****ed.

And Ford loses another customer. And you can bet that it's going to be 2 customers within a couple weeks. /thread.

***FINAL EDIT***

Holy. ****. Just got another email from Ford. Their response to me begging for support? They told me that my warranty claim might not even be covered at all since I'm not in America, but that when I get charged for repairs, I should save the receipt, because I might be eligible for a refund once I return to the states, if I take it to a Ford dealership.

Jesus. Christ. Words cannot express. Quite possibly the most extreme customer service fail I have ever even heard of.

Last edited by ring3r; 06-11-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

wow - sorry
Old 06-11-2012, 10:42 PM
keoni1984

Wow, un-****ing-believable! AND to do it to one of our soldiers...how pathetic. I usually only hear of horror stories when it comes to warranty work. That's why I said eff it and modded away! I'll just deal with any issues as they arise. Luckily, 23k miles later and not a single problem (knock on wood). We'll see how long that lasts though, as she's getting a custom turbo kit put on right now...
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. Ford really needs to step up and handle this.
Thank you for your service!

Quick Reply: Possible clutch issue (6 day old car)