Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
jayed53
2nd Gear Member
 
jayed53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Colorado
Posts: 166
Default Disappointed in Bama tune

So long story short, I decided to go back to stock on my 2013 GT. I just cant seem to get the Bama 91 Race tune to function on my car. I think its running pretty lean when it gets above 4500 or so rpm. It sounds like a rattle or buzzing sound. The stock tune runs strong and feels great, so not sure what's up. I've taken 3-4 data logs and sent them in but I just cant seem to get one to run correctly. Can anyone decipher what I should be looking at in my datalogs? My knock sensor reading goes from -4.5 to 6, with a reading of 5 at WOT. I'm thinking I may try out a Steeda tune, since im using their intake just to see the difference, I just don't want to pay 150 when I already paid for a tune. I just want my car to run strong and not have to worry. Anyone have any feedback on the Steeda tunes for the 2013?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
2013 Sterling Grey GT
Roush axle backs
Steeda CAI - 91 Bama Race tune
Koni STR.T shocks and struts
Steeda Ultralite Springs
MGW shifter
jayed53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member
 
Deranged2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 2013 Boss #1723
Location: Virginia
Posts: 117
Default

Data-log your stock tune with your stock CAI. If you are getting knock and it pulls timing on your stock tune, then you are probably getting bad fuel. Or you may be getting a leak somewhere between the throttle body and where the CAI tube connects to the MAF housing. Just don't run the stock tune at WOT with the Steeda CAI in.
__________________
2013 Gotta Have it Green Boss #1723
2013 GT Premium, Track Pack, Steeda CAI, American Racing Long Tubes, O/R-X pipe, Stainless Works exhaust, AED tuned.
SOLD

"If you're not having a good time, it's your own d*#n fault!"
Deranged2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
AMDanBailer
Platinum Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2012 Boss 302
Location: PA
Posts: 2,267
americanmusclefb americanmuscle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayed53 View Post
So long story short, I decided to go back to stock on my 2013 GT. I just cant seem to get the Bama 91 Race tune to function on my car. I think its running pretty lean when it gets above 4500 or so rpm. It sounds like a rattle or buzzing sound. The stock tune runs strong and feels great, so not sure what's up. I've taken 3-4 data logs and sent them in but I just cant seem to get one to run correctly. Can anyone decipher what I should be looking at in my datalogs? My knock sensor reading goes from -4.5 to 6, with a reading of 5 at WOT. I'm thinking I may try out a Steeda tune, since im using their intake just to see the difference, I just don't want to pay 150 when I already paid for a tune. I just want my car to run strong and not have to worry. Anyone have any feedback on the Steeda tunes for the 2013?
I'm sorry to hear about your Bama tune! We send out thousands of tunes and build them all from the ground up for your PCM code and your mods. They're not just "canned" tunes, they're built custom by our team, so every once in a while it's possible we mess one up! We'll definitely get it straightened out for you, though!

Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll get you in direct contact with our head tuning specialist. I'm confident he'll be able to figure out what's going with your tune and get you squared away, quickly!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
jayed53
2nd Gear Member
 
jayed53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Colorado
Posts: 166
Default

Ok Dan, ill send you my order info...thanks a ton for looking into this for me. I had a tune on my 06 GT from you guys and it was GREAT, just want to get this one dialed in to where its safe and powerful.
__________________
2013 Sterling Grey GT
Roush axle backs
Steeda CAI - 91 Bama Race tune
Koni STR.T shocks and struts
Steeda Ultralite Springs
MGW shifter
jayed53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
jayed53
2nd Gear Member
 
jayed53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Colorado
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged2013 View Post
Data-log your stock tune with your stock CAI. If you are getting knock and it pulls timing on your stock tune, then you are probably getting bad fuel. Or you may be getting a leak somewhere between the throttle body and where the CAI tube connects to the MAF housing. Just don't run the stock tune at WOT with the Steeda CAI in.
SO what should it look like in the datalogs if its pulling timing? This is for my own learning, just want to know what kinds of things to look for...
__________________
2013 Sterling Grey GT
Roush axle backs
Steeda CAI - 91 Bama Race tune
Koni STR.T shocks and struts
Steeda Ultralite Springs
MGW shifter
jayed53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member
 
Deranged2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 2013 Boss #1723
Location: Virginia
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayed53 View Post
SO what should it look like in the datalogs if its pulling timing? This is for my own learning, just want to know what kinds of things to look for...
I think the stock tune commands 24 degrees spark advance at WOT and peak RPM. Your Race tune is probably commanding 25.5 to 26.5 degrees spark advance. If you are getting Knock activity and are only seeing around 18 to 22 degrees spark advance on a WOT pull @ 6800 rpms, running Stock tune and stock CAI, this could mean your getting some crappy fuel. I've ran into this problem in the past, even running Exxon and Shell 93 octane.
__________________
2013 Gotta Have it Green Boss #1723
2013 GT Premium, Track Pack, Steeda CAI, American Racing Long Tubes, O/R-X pipe, Stainless Works exhaust, AED tuned.
SOLD

"If you're not having a good time, it's your own d*#n fault!"
Deranged2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
AMDanBailer
Platinum Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2012 Boss 302
Location: PA
Posts: 2,267
americanmusclefb americanmuscle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayed53 View Post
Ok Dan, ill send you my order info...thanks a ton for looking into this for me. I had a tune on my 06 GT from you guys and it was GREAT, just want to get this one dialed in to where its safe and powerful.
Absolutely. I've sent your information over to the Bama team and they'll be reaching out to you shortly!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
jayed53
2nd Gear Member
 
jayed53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Colorado
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged2013 View Post
I think the stock tune commands 24 degrees spark advance at WOT and peak RPM. Your Race tune is probably commanding 25.5 to 26.5 degrees spark advance. If you are getting Knock activity and are only seeing around 18 to 22 degrees spark advance on a WOT pull @ 6800 rpms, running Stock tune and stock CAI, this could mean your getting some crappy fuel. I've ran into this problem in the past, even running Exxon and Shell 93 octane.
Thanks for the info man. Ya, looking at my logs, its showing 18 spark at WOT while seeing 5-6 knock. I am in touch with Don at Bama performance, he left me a message today. It very well could be that my last like 5 tanks of gas have been bad, or a problem with my car. But like I said, with the stock tune, the car pulls fine and feels great. I have no doubt that BAMA will do everything they can to help out, the purpose wasn't to bash them or anything, had great results in the past, just trying to get some help with the tune.
__________________
2013 Sterling Grey GT
Roush axle backs
Steeda CAI - 91 Bama Race tune
Koni STR.T shocks and struts
Steeda Ultralite Springs
MGW shifter
jayed53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Andy13186
4th Gear Member
 
Andy13186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,737
Default

when i had the stock intake, the performance tunes ran best for me, 91 performance while using 93 octane to be specific felt like the best for me.

with a steeda intake, bama's 93 octane race tune with 93 octane is amazing

also, what tuner do you have, and how exactly do you log it?

also, what is the status of your sound tube?
__________________
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback

Last edited by Andy13186; 11-06-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
jayed53
2nd Gear Member
 
jayed53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Colorado
Posts: 166
Default

I have the 101 MM steeda intake with the sound tube connected, I have the 3015 sf3/x3, running Bama 91 Race.
__________________
2013 Sterling Grey GT
Roush axle backs
Steeda CAI - 91 Bama Race tune
Koni STR.T shocks and struts
Steeda Ultralite Springs
MGW shifter
jayed53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup