Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Default Cat Deletes

Has anyone bought the cat delete pipes from American Muscle? How hard were they to put on? How high did it turn up the volume?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
675 RWHP 625 RWTQ
jdback19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdback19 View Post
Has anyone bought the cat delete pipes from American Muscle? How hard were they to put on? How high did it turn up the volume?
I have the BBK cat deletes matched with flowmaster outlaw catback. It probably doubled the volume. The cats are huge! I love cat deletes and it took me roughly 1.5 hours. Something you should be aware of; the passenger side cat's outside bolt will be a pain. We took out my battery and holder, used a 2.5 foot half inh extender with a swivel socket to get it off.

Let me know if this helps.

PS I welded my deletes in place for the time being. I will be getting custom flanges made for bolt on/off.
Slowbra302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
AMDanBailer
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2012 Boss 302
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdback19 View Post
What Cat deletes are you after? You'll definitely love them. The installation is very easy and your car will be really loud. Mustangs without cat's sound awesome!

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

-Dan
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
BrazenStang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Convertible

DO IT!! Just like slowbra I have the BBK Cat Deletes + BBK X-Pipe + FLowmaster Outlaws. It is LOUD! The sound is amazing, and less drone than when I just had the outlaw axlebacks.

I would recommend coupling the cat deletes with an X or H pipe. It will really wake up the sound and performance of your car. BBK and JBA sell modular type pipes with the cat delete and x or h pipe as separate pieces. They are the best bang for your buck.

BrazenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 5.0 Coupe

Order these from Stage 3 Motorsports - http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...FYJqfgod2JAANw

Better price than AM (no surprise) - and you will always receive what you order from Stage 3.

They will certainly increase the LOUDNESS of your car but will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust too.
azdevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 5.0
Matthew Tremblay @TremblayMatthew

I took mine to a local muffler shop to loosen the passenger bolt. Take them a case of beer and save yourself frustration. I did the install myself other than that.

Ohio Chapter President

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRSharad View Post
It's crazy that there are zillions of people out there driving on the stock stuff and perfectly content about it.
OSUTX440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #7
BrazenStang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdevil1 View Post
Order these from Stage 3 Motorsports - http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...FYJqfgod2JAANw

Better price than AM (no surprise) - and you will always receive what you order from Stage 3.

They will certainly increase the LOUDNESS of your car but will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust too.
HAHA, shameless!

Also, I am not sure what you implied by "your car will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust", but just to be clear, it will not be a performance benefit. Axlebacks are simply for sound on these cars. The cat delete with mid-pipe is where the restriction is and you will get some performance gains from those.

BrazenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 5.0 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazenStang View Post
Also, I am not sure what you implied by "your car will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust",
Yes - I was referencing the increased benefit of LOUDNESS.
azdevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #9
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
http://www.facebook.com/americanmuscle http://www.twitter.com/americanmuscle http://www.instagram.com/americanmusclecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdevil1 View Post

OP and Azdevil1

We have the ability to have Price Matching set up here-While we typically don't have the ability to have Forums Codes stacked on with Price Match we're more than happy to get you hooked up if you would like.

-Alex
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
ModBargains
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang 5.0
https://www.facebook.com/modbargains.jurrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazenStang View Post
DO IT!! Just like slowbra I have the BBK Cat Deletes + BBK X-Pipe + FLowmaster Outlaws. It is LOUD! The sound is amazing, and less drone than when I just had the outlaw axlebacks.

I would recommend coupling the cat deletes with an X or H pipe. It will really wake up the sound and performance of your car. BBK and JBA sell modular type pipes with the cat delete and x or h pipe as separate pieces. They are the best bang for your buck.
You have a video of that set up? Cat deletes, x-pipe and the outlaw? I'd be interested to see how loud this would be to be honest, it sounds insanely loud just from the mods that you listed.

We Specialize In: Mustang Wheels | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Exhaust | Mustang Performance | Mustang Brakes |
Modification Expert - Jurrian Terpstra | Jurrian@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8002
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement