Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Anyone still use Jon Lund?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 07:35 AM
om3n

Default Anyone still use Jon Lund?

Hey guys,

I bought my '11 GT off a guy 2 years ago now, and he had a Jon Lund tune on the car when I purchased it from him. I believe he got the tuner from American Muscle. I browse these forums almost every day and I haven't heard anyone say anything about Jon Lund for ages. I know a couple people had some issues at one point with the Jon Lund Ghost Cam feature, which I actually have on my stang, but I've experienced absolutely no issues with it since I've owned the car. Am I missing something, should I be considering getting like a Bama or Steeda tune, or should I be fine with the Jon Lund long term? And is there a reason people on here don't seem to use them? I've tried googling about problems with Lund tunes and haven't really found anything.

Note that I can't really go back to the factory tune either (not that I'd want to) as the car has no cats, an aftermarket CAI, and 3.73.

Last edited by om3n; 04-06-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by om3n
Hey guys,

I bought my '11 GT off a guy 2 years ago now, and he had a Jon Lund tune on the car when I purchased it from him. I believe he got the tune from American Muscle.

I browse these forums almost every day and I haven't heard anyone say anything about Jon Lund for ages. I know a couple people had some issues at one point with the Jon Lund Ghost Cam feature, which I actually have on my stang, but I've experienced absolutely no issues with it since I've owned the car.

Am I missing something, should I be considering getting like a Bama or Steeda tune, or should I be fine with the Jon Lund long term? And is there a reason people on here don't seem to use them? I've tried googling about problems with Lund tunes and haven't really found anything.

Note that I can't really go back to the factory tune either (not that I'd want to) as the car has no cats, an aftermarket CAI, and 3.73.

Hey om3n - That's a good question and if the tune was on the car from Lund it most likely was not from Bama Performance - They have a great operation and know how to make power and I have nothing negative to say about them at all - Being said Bama Performance has had some accolades over the past 9 months and their tunes are top notch! I've been running them for well over 5 years on multiple Mustangs, family members, as well as friends too. Their customer service and technical support is paramount and I can't say nice enough things about them.

If you currently have a tuner and would like to try their new V2 Tunes I'm more than happy to have you set up free of charge if you'd like to see how they compare to your current setup.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help or feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like to speak in private.

Alex
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 AM
om3n

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey om3n - That's a good question and if the tune was on the car from Lund it most likely was not from Bama Performance - They have a great operation and know how to make power and I have nothing negative to say about them at all - Being said Bama Performance has had some accolades over the past 9 months and their tunes are top notch! I've been running them for well over 5 years on multiple Mustangs, family members, as well as friends too. Their customer service and technical support is paramount and I can't say nice enough things about them.

If you currently have a tuner and would like to try their new V2 Tunes I'm more than happy to have you set up free of charge if you'd like to see how they compare to your current setup.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help or feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like to speak in private.

Alex
Thanks for the reply Alex.

So maybe the previous owner purchased his tuner from AM, and had Lund email the tune to him, and used the AM tuner to install the tune? That's probably what happened then, or have you guys ever had a partnership with Lund or sold Lund tunes?

EDIT:

And Alex, I do have a tuner and would certainly be interested in comparing the V2 Bama tunes and my Lund tune. We can do this free of charge? Also, what is the pricing if I decided to purchase Bama tune(s)? I will have lots of questions and will want to do some research first, but I'd love to try them out before purchasing or before I decide if I want to purchase.

Last edited by om3n; 04-06-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:14 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by om3n
Thanks for the reply Alex.

So maybe the previous owner purchased his tuner from AMA, and had Lund email the tune to him, and used the AMA tuner to install the tune? That's probably what happened then, or have you guys ever had a partnership with Lund or sold Lund tunes?

EDIT:

And Alex, I do have a tuner and would certainly be interested in comparing the V2 Bama tunes and my Lund tune. We can do this free of charge? Also, what is the pricing if I decided to purchase Bama tune(s)? I will have lots of questions and will want to do some research first, but I'd love to try them out before purchasing or before I decide if I want to purchase.

Hey om3n,

It's very possible - Whichever device be it an SCT SF3 or X4 they're able to hold a vast amount of tunes - There's many customers that will try one companies over another just for comparisons sake. AmericanMuscle or BamaPerformance has never had any type of partnership with them either. In regards to the pricing as long as you're to have the device (Which you do!) I'm happy to wave the fee as there's typically an Enrollment fee of $149.99 that can be found right here on the "Bama Tunes and Free Tunes For Life Membership"

Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 04-02-2015, 12:25 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

If you go to S197 forums hes very popular over there. Hes a very busy man and has some of the best tunes. If you do go there and ask questions be sure to research before you ask a question or you will get roasted. its a no nonsense forum and alot of the dumb questions that get asked here go unanswered there. Great info on that forum. there are alot more builds and better tech.

Bama is very popular on this forum. i think it at times just depends what forum your on as far as why you hear about certain tuners and others you dont hear about.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
. If you do go there and ask questions be sure to research before you ask a question or you will get roasted. its a no nonsense forum and alot of the dumb questions that get asked here go unanswered there.
That is the truth!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
If you do go there and ask questions be sure to research before you ask a question or you will get roasted. its a no nonsense forum and alot of the dumb questions that get asked here go unanswered there. Great info on that forum. there are alot more builds and better tech.
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
That is the truth!
Which is why it's the best run forum hands down. No B.S.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:52 AM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

I'm running the Lund tune in my 2012 GT and I have had no problems with it. I had the tune for over a year now. I was running the Steeda tune which is a good tune but the idle was ruff and after a few tries they could not smooth out the idle so I gave Lund a try. But I did manage a 12.562 @ 113.1 with the steeda tune on stock tires so as far as power is concerned I was happy with the Steeda tune. The Lund tune has good smooth power throughout the RPM range and the idle is smooth. I have not had my car at the track yet with the Lund tune. My plan is to make it to the track in the next few weeks to see what the Lund tune will do. I am not going to make a track time comparison of the two tune because I ran the Steeda tune while I was in Alabama and now I'm in PA. The bottom line is I am happy with the Lund tune.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:50 AM
om3n

Originally Posted by scottmach
Which is why it's the best run forum hands down. No B.S.
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I started browsing S197forum, and it looks like you guys are right about it. I think both styles of forums are good and have their purposes- a forum like ours where you can ask pretty much anything and non-die hards are welcome; and a forum where the culture pretty much forces out ignorant questions (probably like the one I just asked).

Till this post I've done almost all my research on mustang stuff from this forum, which I now realize probably wasn't the best idea, because I'm realizing just how popular Lund is now that I'm reading elsewhere. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing but I'm not sure how much the sponsoring vendors drive product and service recommendations on this forum, and I do like keeping my options open so I'll start widening my source of mustang info.

Even so, I am certainly interested in checking out some Bama tunes in the coming 2 or 3 weeks and I've only had great experiences from AM, so I'm definitely interested, @AMAlexLazarus. I will PM you when I'm ready.