Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Sunlite Gold

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

I think that I'd have to see it in person as well. I'm not a fan of yellow, but on some cars done up it looks amazing. You just might be right about this "gold" though. If I was Jay Leno and had like 200 cars then of course I would have one "gold" one just to say that I had it for the era but for it to be my only car or my only restoration....you might be right on that.

James
Old 10-12-2012, 08:22 AM
BelStang

Back infront of my computer.... Thanks for everyones thoughts about the color choice. As mentioned, I did go with the origional color.
In the mean time, you can look on this webpage from my other posts on the the 428 CJ website for the pictures from before, during and after.

Hope this works...

http://home.surewest.net/curtisg/Mus...68_R_Code.html

Let me know if you can see them....

Eric
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM
cashs mom
1st Gear Member

Pics showed up fine, Eric!

I'm a pick a color you want and do it type, but I understand wanting to keep the car original also. It's a hard choice. The only way I really like gold cars are with black accents. I think that the black really makes the car, so I like yours!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Turned out great!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:16 AM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Is that a 428 in there? I just bought my heads and cam (Edlebrock Performer RPM) for my 428 block. What kind of motor mounts did you use? I have a modified front end and currently use the Ron Morris adjustable motor mounts for my 302 thats in there right now....was wondering if you had a any other problems putting in a 428.

Car came out awesome btw. Original colour and it looks real real nice!

James
Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 AM
BelStang

Thanks guys for the kind words. Put alot of hard hours to get it like this not to mention cash to get it back to origional.

It is a 428cj that is in the car. It is origional R code coupe. One of 221 made according to the 428 CJ Website. Further investigation via the Marti Report brings the car down even lower. 4 speed makes it 1 of 102. Then further options like 3.91 gears and color brings the car to a 1 of 1.

Thus that put a little pressure on making it origional.

i have own the car since 1986. Started restoration in 1999 and took more then 10 years to complete. Date code and numbers matching parts and pieces made the journey a pain in the A**.

But the result is worth it...

FYI... I used origional NOS motor mounts.... I have tried to forget the numbers on them... still have nightmares about C8..-... numbers.

E
Old 10-13-2012, 01:13 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Yea C6XX-X...and finding the right parts. Mine is only a 428 PI, it's dated may 1966, it could be out of a 67 GT 500, Mercury or Failane.

You're right about making back original. After telling us more about the car, you have a real gem right there. Imagine if that car could talk....what was it doing in the late 60s and 70s. How many stop light races did it race and what kind of cars did it go up against, and lose or win....It makes that gold colour that much more awesome.

Belgium? If I ever pass through there I need to stop and see that one of one 428 CJ Gold Coupe. Nice work again.

James
Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 AM
BelStang

Musniki,

I have thought the very samething while taking the car apart. I found a set of origional keys in a "hideakey" magnet under the car stuffed inbetween the fender and the firewall.

They were a bit weathered but still worked :-)

The car is still in California where I use to live while growing up. I see your located in Bangkok. A Mustang in Thailand... That must be a nice ride next to the tuktuk's ;-)

I am now making preps to ship it over here in the coming month.

Does anyone have good experience with a freight forwarder in Northern Cali?

E