View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
adrnlnjnky700
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1989 Mustang Notchback

ok, you can try this if you want just to make sure the it turns. stick a screwdriver between the big posts on the solenoid, make sure its in neutral. i just went through this last night. lol. took me about two hours to figure out that one of my wires got switched.

all your fuses are good right? neutral safety switch connected, and you can also test power coming out of the ignition switch under the column just a little bit beneath the wheel. there will be a white/pink wire coming out of the ignition switch, test power at that and see what you get. that wire sends power out to the solenoid .once again test this with the key trying to start the car
89 stang(5.0 swap)V3 s-trim, trick flow upper and lower, comp cam xe270HR cam, twisted wedge heads, comp cam ultra gold roller rockers, bbk 75mm throttle body, mallory distributor, eibach pro plus kit, tubular control arms, subframe connectors, long tube headers, 4.10's, 42lb injectors, 90mm MAF, MSD 6A and Blaster 3 Coil, Ford racing wires, Walbro 255lph and inline walbro 255, SCT chip.
411hp/355tq

Last edited by adrnlnjnky700; 06-30-2013 at 03:55 PM.
adrnlnjnky700 is offline   Reply With Quote