AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Official Contest Post Thread -- Military Hero

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:06 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

Default Official Contest Post Thread -- Military Hero

This is where you post your submissions!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Default RE: Official Contest Post Thread -- Military Hero

Guess I'll kick things off.

Nathan H. - USAF JAN2004-Present

Since I am writing this on myself I am not going to say how "amazing" I am or why I deserve this because as the United States military we are all on the same team with the same mission, each person doing their part resulting in an unbeatable force.

My name is Nathan and I've been in the Air Force for almost 4 years. I am an Air Traffic Controller at Columbus AFB in Mississippi. We train 1/3 of all Air Force pilots and that means the controllers play an important role. On average we have approx 5000 operations monthly making us one of the top 5 busiest bases in the Air Force.I have coached youth baseball for 2 years and soccer for 3 years. A few personal accomplishments include, Senior Airman below the zone, trainee of the year 2005, controller of the quarter 2007, and trainer of the quarter 2007. Thank you for giving us this opertunity.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

Woot! Rock on!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

[sm=thanx.gif]Thank you, allservice men and women [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
jojo2003
2nd Gear Member

This is my wife, Jessica; she has been on active duty in the Navy for nearly 9 yrs. While working a full time job, she also is a full time student, and takes care of our 2 daughters, our 4 cats and me of course. While doing all of this, shealso volunteers with the Navy as a leader in the Drug Education For Youth program, Navy Ball committee, First Class Association member, Funeral Honors, and too much more to name. She has held numerous leadership positions while serving in the Navy, including Leading Petty Officer. Jessica has received numerous awards such as Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2), "Sailor of the Quarter"(4), and â€Sailor of the Year" (2). She also finds time to volunteer as a cheer advisor for the Tipton County Chiefs competitive cheer team that both of our daughters are on. Although she has only deployed once to Okinawa, she has made a contribution to the United States Navy and will continue for many years to come. She wears the uniform proudly and I support her in everything she does.

[IMG]local://upfiles/66658/3BB85DC5F62F4DDDBE0DB0867BF1C448.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-20-2007, 02:18 AM
cdrlmr

I am FC1(SW) Charles Randall
I have been in the US Navy for about 12 years now. I have taken the aircraft carrier USS NIMITZ all the way around the world in my earlier days. I moved on to being an instructor for the Close-In Weapon System for about three years before transferring to my current command. I am the Leading Petty Officer for CF Division on board USS Stout, or at least I was prior to volunteering to come to Iraq for a counter Rocket and Mortar mission. Over hear I am in charge of the weapon systems that are used to protect over 52,000 Soldiers and Sailors from indirect fire. I generally work from 12-18 hours every day ensuring the computer controlled robotic weapon system is always ready to shoot down that incoming round to protect our troops. During training and work ups for this mission, I assisted with the training of the British military group performing a similar mission elsewhere in Iraq. Due to operational security, I can't really give more details, but we have saved thousands of lives to date.

The picture with the General was taken in the Al Faw Palace in Baghdad.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:30 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Hey! nothing to brag about,I am just a squid that likes to have fun, travel and have a good beer. Been in the Navy for 15 years. Anyway, for the rest of the active duty and reserves, well done.

badtz
"Somewhere in the Pacific"
Old 10-20-2007, 06:25 AM
V8 Junkie

Senior Airman (SrA) Justin White here. I have nearly 4 years in now and having a good time. I'll be here for another 16 at least. Now for the "love me" essay. I've served in Opertaion Enduring Freedom (OEF) at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan. While there I made performer of the month, received an achievement medal (not common to recieve as an E-3-Airman First Class, but does happen) and was coined by the Command Cheif Master Sgt for all the efforts during my stay. Currently I'm back in the fight again serving under Operation Iraq Freedom (OIF) at Balad Air Base, Iraq (aka Mortaritaville). Back home station at Langley AFB, VA I work as a system administrator responisble for over 13,000 users as well as over a 1 million dollars worth of server farm equipment. I am a father of three beautiful children and a husbad to a wonderful wife. They make the job worth while.
That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I have included pictures from both deployments. And yes the one picture is of me and a buddyslapping on eight bricks of C4 to a busted computer. It's a plus knowing some EOD guys.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39715/57DD755AA0D846CCB89605D7AABD6100.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-24-2007, 05:00 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

Great Job so far! Keep 'em comin'!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:14 PM
JonTucker

Lance Corporal (LCpl) Alexander Spigarelli - United States Marine Corps

Infantry
WPNS CO/ LAR PLT
3rd BN 8th MAR
Deployed Overseas - Middle East

I'm writting this for my younger brother; Alexander Spigarell - a good kid, for as long as I can remember he's always wanted to be a US Marine. He was Corp Commander for his high school(Warner Robins High School) JROTC - he earned a ROTC scholarship to Valdosta State University which he declined.. to immiedately pursue his dreams in the US Marine Corps. He's been deployed overseas (Middle East) since June and isn't excepted back till February, 08'.

These are pictures mostly of him, his unit, and team all in a deployment zone.

He's the one on the left - with his tongue in his mouth.

Front row, right.

Inside his pig.

In the center laying spread out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/81279/CF000680035F4DCDADAFF14773B1D995.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/81279/0818E24D63804AADAB018C0A791EE0E1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/81279/F5E52B526B3D42FCBEDBACA9D5F74595.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Official Contest Post Thread -- Military Hero