AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Who can I get in contact with to revise a faulty tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

Default Who can I get in contact with to revise a faulty tune?

A few weeks ago, I finally decided to take advantage of the "Tunes for Life" Bama/AmericanMuscle offer; since I bought a Bama tune loooong time ago.

Much to my surprise, they actually sent me 3 tune files (street, performance, and race) despite me just purchasing 1 tune file from Bama the first time. (Hope that wasn't a fluke. It was a pleasant surprise)

The thing is, one of the tunes (the performance tune) has a weird idle problem. It surges back and forth between nearly 500 semibucking-rpm and 1400rpm. I never got to drive in it, for fear of going into wrench mode. Maybe a mismatched MAF sizing parameter or something?
The other 2 tunes work fantastic, with the race tune being my new, all time favorite daily use tune.

I sent an inquiry to sct@americanmuscle.com, but haven't got a reply as of yet. (2 weeks have past)

Who could help me with this problem?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Stealth
2nd Gear Member

Good question. I have also been wondering what is the best way to get into contact with the American Muscle/ Bama tuning team.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:12 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Call them, option 3.

I've called numerous times over the past month and have never had an issue contacting a tuner. They are there mon-fri 9-5. Good luck
Old 06-09-2010, 01:22 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

If you haven't received an email back yet, you have a couple of options. You can send me a pm with your order information and I'll see if I can find the email and what's holding up your response and work with you and the tuning department to get your tune adjusted, or you can give our tuning department a call directly at 888-226-9764 and work with one of the tuners. We're always happy to help, and I'm sorry that you received a tune that wasn't perfect.

Oh, the 3 tunes wasn't a fluke. If you're a Free Tunes for Life customer, we send you the tunes you request at no charge, and we adjust tunes as needed.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 PM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMStanger
If you haven't received an email back yet, you have a couple of options. You can send me a pm with your order information and I'll see if I can find the email and what's holding up your response and work with you and the tuning department to get your tune adjusted, or you can give our tuning department a call directly at 888-226-9764 and work with one of the tuners. We're always happy to help, and I'm sorry that you received a tune that wasn't perfect.

Oh, the 3 tunes wasn't a fluke. If you're a Free Tunes for Life customer, we send you the tunes you request at no charge, and we adjust tunes as needed.
Hey Stanger I got told today that to use my tuner I had on my 08 Bullitt I would have a $150 charge to update to a new vehicle. Does that sound right to you? I bought this before Doug joined AM and i think its unlocked. If so I know the 150 is incorrect because I would just have to download the new tune.....being as I am waiting on my car I have nothing to hook it up to though lol.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Did you try cleaning your throttle body? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR4M-...layer_embedded
Old 06-11-2010, 04:09 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GRABOID
Hey Stanger I got told today that to use my tuner I had on my 08 Bullitt I would have a $150 charge to update to a new vehicle. Does that sound right to you? I bought this before Doug joined AM and i think its unlocked. If so I know the 150 is incorrect because I would just have to download the new tune.....being as I am waiting on my car I have nothing to hook it up to though lol.
If the tuner is locked, that does sound about right, though it might not be such a high charge. SCT tuners can be switched to a new car up to 5 times before you have to have them unlocked by SCT, which they charge you for. If you haven't used your tuner on anything other than your '08, you shouldn't have to worry about unlocking it.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by edwin108
Did you try cleaning your throttle body? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR4M-...layer_embedded
I don't think that will be necessary since, like I said, the other 2 tunes work just fine. As a matter of fact I've been using the race tune for a week and half and had no problems with it.

Thanks for the replies, AMStanger. Ill see if I can have this sorted by email seeing as, it is kind of difficult for me to get in contact with someone on the phone all the way from here (Puerto Rico). Different working hours and all that.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:55 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Acerbus 2.0
I don't think that will be necessary since, like I said, the other 2 tunes work just fine. As a matter of fact I've been using the race tune for a week and half and had no problems with it.

Thanks for the replies, AMStanger. Ill see if I can have this sorted by email seeing as, it is kind of difficult for me to get in contact with someone on the phone all the way from here (Puerto Rico). Different working hours and all that.
Have you been able to work with the tuning department to figure things out? If so, let me know how things were resolved, and if not, please send me a pm with your order info and as much detail about the bucking condition as you can and I'll pass that along to the tuners and make very sure they contact you. They're awesome, but sometimes they get pretty bogged down and I have to gently remind them (if by "gently remind" we mean "bother mercilessly") about things.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

It seems that I am so pleased with the 91oct Race tune, and I don't go switching tunes often that getting in contact with you guys got pushed further and further back.

I think I'll just stick with the Race tune alone on my car for now and maybe revise the Performance tune on the next modmoney spending spree; which will most definitely be through AM.

Sorry for not replying earlier. I've been a bit busy.