AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Noted! I'll talk to a few different manufacturers about bringing in more LT headers and shorty Xpipes for the 4.0 Mustangs. Also, thanks for the suggestion on the PrePainted interior trim pieces. I think that would be cool too!

Shane
Old 11-25-2013, 02:04 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Probably a long shot, but some OEM looking 05-09 headlights that are made for HIDs would be great. Should be pretty cheap to design and produce. Just something like the OEM Saleen or Ford HID setup that would produce a clean cutoff with aftermarket HIDs without costing a fortune.

I just want to run HIDs without blinding everyone, but all the projector setups for the 05-09 look terrible... and the OEM setups are way too expensive. I know I'm not the only one in this boat lol.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:16 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Probably a long shot, but some OEM looking 05-09 headlights that are made for HIDs would be great. Should be pretty cheap to design and produce. Just something like the OEM Saleen or Ford HID setup that would produce a clean cutoff with aftermarket HIDs without costing a fortune.

I just want to run HIDs without blinding everyone, but all the projector setups for the 05-09 look terrible... and the OEM setups are way too expensive. I know I'm not the only one in this boat lol.
I like the idea! I thought the upgraded OEM 05-09 headlights used a high intensity halogen bulb, not an actual HID? I could be wrong though, I just always see 05-09 Mustangs with the standard headlights or aftermarket, almost never the upgraded OEM's.

Thanks for the feedback!

Shane
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Im going to second the prepainted rear window louver idea. Esp. the aluminum ones. It should be an option on both.

Hate to add this, but why not add prepainted as an option to most parts? People will pay for it and if it adds shipping time, so what? On the back end, if I want something painted and dont want to do it myself, I have to find a shop that I trust and then wait for them to get it done which usually can take a week or more...and their costs are way too high because usually its a body shop!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:11 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Also I have another idea - how about a coupler that eases steering wheel swaps? If I wanted to install a new style steering wheel into my 07, there's splicing involved, but it should be easy for someone to put together a coupler that allows for an 05-09 to the newer style wheels and vice versa. Cuz I'd really like the GT500 alcantra style wheel for mine but dont want to make any permanent mods like splicing wires...and it would be really cool to package that with a steering wheel button kit, etc...so it's all plug and play with your aftermarket head unit.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:22 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT

I'd go one step further... Have you seen the lamps on the Singer 911? They're incredibly clean looking, give the right light pattern from their bixenon projectors and just look good. I guess the problem is they're a simple design without flashy leds and halos.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wcgman
Im going to second the prepainted rear window louver idea. Esp. the aluminum ones. It should be an option on both.

Hate to add this, but why not add prepainted as an option to most parts? People will pay for it and if it adds shipping time, so what? On the back end, if I want something painted and dont want to do it myself, I have to find a shop that I trust and then wait for them to get it done which usually can take a week or more...and their costs are way too high because usually its a body shop!
Originally Posted by wcgman
Also I have another idea - how about a coupler that eases steering wheel swaps? If I wanted to install a new style steering wheel into my 07, there's splicing involved, but it should be easy for someone to put together a coupler that allows for an 05-09 to the newer style wheels and vice versa. Cuz I'd really like the GT500 alcantra style wheel for mine but dont want to make any permanent mods like splicing wires...and it would be really cool to package that with a steering wheel button kit, etc...so it's all plug and play with your aftermarket head unit.
The problem with any part being available in a Pre-Painted option is we paint parts in batches because it's the most efficient way to do so. If we were going to offer every single part that can be painted, as Pre-Painted it would be quiet difficult for multiple reasons.

I like where your heads at though. There's definitely a demand for Pre-Painted parts, so the more we carry the better!

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Shane

Originally Posted by steev
I'd go one step further... Have you seen the lamps on the Singer 911? They're incredibly clean looking, give the right light pattern from their bixenon projectors and just look good. I guess the problem is they're a simple design without flashy leds and halos.

This could be interesting too. Ideas like this are great because it can also spark other designs to be built off it. Thanks for the picture!

Shane
Old 11-27-2013, 09:32 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
I like the idea! I thought the upgraded OEM 05-09 headlights used a high intensity halogen bulb, not an actual HID? I could be wrong though, I just always see 05-09 Mustangs with the standard headlights or aftermarket, almost never the upgraded OEM's.

Thanks for the feedback!

Shane
Yeah! Ford started offering HIDs as an option in 2008, but you rarely see them. One of my buddy's cars locally has them and they look great. The Saleen Extreme cars came with them starting in 05. They have a little different headlight design than the OEM Ford HIDs.

and I REALLY like those headlights steev posted.. something like that could be awesome on our cars. Super clean and it wouldn't ruin the retro theme.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:50 AM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
The problem with any part being available in a Pre-Painted option is we paint parts in batches because it's the most efficient way to do so. If we were going to offer every single part that can be painted, as Pre-Painted it would be quiet difficult for multiple reasons.

I like where your heads at though. There's definitely a demand for Pre-Painted parts, so the more we carry the better!

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Shane

This could be interesting too. Ideas like this are great because it can also spark other designs to be built off it. Thanks for the picture!

Shane
It would be awesome if you guys offered the SHR flush mount louvers pre-painted!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 AM
DeadBob

I just recently stumble upon these Sprint Booster imput lag removal and thought it'd be a great thing for you guys to carry, I feel like if more people knew about these they would be a great seller http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/c-332-mustang.aspx

Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?