AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Annoyed with AM customer service.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Default Annoyed with AM customer service.

My sister bought me some parchment floor mats for my Mustang Cobra for Christmas. When they got here, she opened them to find black GT mats in the box. She contacted AM and they put her through a bit of a run around, asking for pictures of the mats and the label on the box, which clearly stated parchment Cobra. Not really a big deal, I can understand that.

Once it was confirmed that they were indeed black GT mats, she was sent a return shipping label and was told that the correct mats would be shipped on that day. That was Monday, December 17th. By Friday, December 21st they hadn't arrived yet, so she checked the tracking number and they hadn't even been shipped yet. So yeah, as Christmas present it was ruined.

Today she calls and they apologize profusely and claim that they are being shipped today. It would have been nice to have the shipping upgraded to a faster service since they aren't likely to arrive until after the new year.

I feel like they were waiting for the first set of mats to come back before they shipped the correct ones, even though they said there were going to be cross shipped. I have been a pretty loyal customer to AM, but if this kind of service is the new normal, I won't be buying from them again.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC316
My sister bought me some parchment floor mats for my Mustang Cobra for Christmas. When they got here, she opened them to find black GT mats in the box. She contacted AM and they put her through a bit of a run around, asking for pictures of the mats and the label on the box, which clearly stated parchment Cobra. Not really a big deal, I can understand that.

Once it was confirmed that they were indeed black GT mats, she was sent a return shipping label and was told that the correct mats would be shipped on that day. That was Monday, December 17th. By Friday, December 21st they hadn't arrived yet, so she checked the tracking number and they hadn't even been shipped yet. So yeah, as Christmas present it was ruined.

Today she calls and they apologize profusely and claim that they are being shipped today. It would have been nice to have the shipping upgraded to a faster service since they aren't likely to arrive until after the new year.

I feel like they were waiting for the first set of mats to come back before they shipped the correct ones, even though they said there were going to be cross shipped. I have been a pretty loyal customer to AM, but if this kind of service is the new normal, I won't be buying from them again.

JC316,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'm not sure what caused the shipping delay of your replacement (parchment) Cobra floor mats. It sounds like the Customer Service Rep got confused and just dropped the ball. This is definitely not our norm for how we treat exchanges! I will make sure that the rep you spoke to is clear on how this works!

I'm glad we sent you the correct part number originally and that it sounds like the manufacturer just boxed them wrong. That means I don't have to spend time investigating that...

If you don't mind, could you shoot me a PM with your order number? I'd like to look into this more and figure out what's going on. Also, I will speed up the shipping if the item is still in our warehouse (although it probably already shipped). Again, I'm very sorry this happened to you and your sister right before the Holidays.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do the clear the air, I definitely want to keep you as one of our loyal customers. I'd be happy to send you and your sister some AM swag, too. Include in the PM your sweat shirt sizes and I'll get some hoodies out to you guys right away!

Shane

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 12-26-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
JC316,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'm not sure what caused the shipping delay of your parchment Cobra floor mats. It sounds like the Customer Service Rep got confused with treating your situation as a regular exchange or something of the sort. This is definitely not our new norm for treating 'wrong item exchanges' - someone definitely dropped the ball on our end.

If you don't mind, could you shoot me a PM with your order number? I'd like to look into this situation more and figure out what fell through. This way I can help prevent something like this happening in the future. Also, I will speed up the shipping if the item is still in our warehouse (although it probably already shipped). Again, I'm very sorry this happened to you and your sister right before the Holidays.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do the clear the air, I definitely want to keep you as one of our loyal customers. I'd be happy to send you and your sister some AM swag, too. Include in the PM your sweat shirt sizes and I'll get some hoodies out to you guys right away!

Shane
Thanks for getting back so quickly and thank you for the offer. I have sent you a PM. You have cleared the air and I will be ordering from yall again in the near future.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Good job AM. With so much competition in every facet of today's business....customer service is where it's at.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC316
Thanks for getting back so quickly and thank you for the offer. I have sent you a PM. You have cleared the air and I will be ordering from yall again in the near future.
I'm really glad to hear that you're understanding and will continue to do business with us. That means a lot! Also, I'm sending 2 large black hoodies out to you guys today, too. Thanks again for working this out with me!

Shane

code3GT,

Thanks for your support as well. I really appreciate the kind words!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 12-27-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:00 PM
My1stGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by code3GT
Good job AM. With so much competition in every facet of today's business....customer service is where it's at.
couldnt agree more, i live just minutes from one of the largest performance stores around . i always try AM first . the customer service has always been top notch for me !