AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Anyone else having issues with Bill Me Later?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone else having issues with Bill Me Later?

I have some things I'd really like to get but I can't order using Bill Me Later. I get error 3005 every time and AM is the only site I have the issue with. There is 6 months zero interest for purchases over $250.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

For poops and giggles I added a sweet V3 supercharger to my cart and went to check out. I clicked on the bill me later thing and it went to a login/paypal screen. Are you getting to that point on the page at least?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 AM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

Yep, it's when I put my username and password and click login that I get the error message. The reason I'm curious is the person at PayPal said the technical team was aware of it and it should be corrected within an hour. That was Friday night. It's as if someone is punishing me. LOL
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Gadgetech,

I have one of my Web Team members contacting Paypal for you. They're going to find the solution to this problem and get back to me asap! As soon as they get back to me, I'll contact you right away.

Thanks for your patience!

Shane
Old 01-29-2013, 12:52 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

One quick update!

Try clearing your cookies and cache. We've seen issues with some of our customer's browsers in the past when their cookies and cache were full.

Let me know if this works!

Shane
Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

I've done that on the three different computers I've tried to do the order on. I wish that were the problem.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
I've done that on the three different computers I've tried to do the order on. I wish that were the problem.
Gadgetech,

That's really frustrating. I think your best bet is to contact Paypal directly again and see if they can try another fix. Since you're getting their error code, we're not able to fix any of their technical issues on our end. Try giving them another call and go from there.

Keep me updated!

Shane
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

I sent you an update via PM already, it'll be the last one. The frustrating thing to me is there is no solution despite your previous comments except that I spend more time on the phone getting something to work that is only broken on YOUR site. Would you yourself spend the time to do that when you can purchase similar products else where using the financial solution of your choice?

Last edited by Gadgetech; 01-30-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
I sent you an update via PM already, it'll be the last one. The frustrating thing to me is there is no solution despite your previous comments except that I spend more time on the phone getting something to work that is only broken on YOUR site. Would you yourself spend the time to do that when you can purchase similar products else where using the financial solution of your choice?
Gadgetech,

I honestly do not fully understand what's causing the issue with your BillMeLater account. This is why I contacted my Web Team to see if there was anything we could do to help. I certainly did not want to push you away from our site, so I'm trying to do anything I can to resolve this. Unfortunately, after talking with the Web Team, they've confirmed with me the issue is on Paypal's side, or potentially your internet browser. Since, several customers have recently used BillMeLater & Paypal without any issues.

That's when I posted back to suggest getting in contact with Paypal again and see if they'll double check their original "fix" under your account. Unfortunately, we're at their mercy for this situation.

I'm really sorry we couldn't find a quicker solution. I've used all the resources in my power to get this resolved as quickly as possible, but this particular situation is on a 3rd party. I can assure you, if it were up to us, it would be already fixed!

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to clear the air here. I'd hate for you to leave this thread on a bad note. Feel free to send me a PM if I can be of any assistance!

Shane
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

I'm not known for patience but despite that I spent more time on the phone with PayPal. They stated it's an issue they are aware of and it has a Level 3 priority associated with it. I'm not sure if level 3 is high or low or somewhere in the middle but said to try it again in 72 hours. Apparently it's affected quite a few people although they didn't say if it was limited to your site or not.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having issues with Bill Me Later?