Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Vendors & Sponsors > AmericanMuscle.com
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: Incom T-65 X-Wing
Kevin Ryan
Default Speaking of tail lights...

Redacted
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by kdryan; 10-18-2013 at 06:27 PM.
kdryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
IndecisiveS197
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang V6

this was posted in the S197 forum. There goes all my money.

Last edited by IndecisiveS197; 10-17-2013 at 01:13 PM.
IndecisiveS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
AMShaneLesky
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT Premium
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

I'm glad your interested OP! Thanks for the assistance IndecisiveS197- the video above says it all. I guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to see what Raxiom is up too!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

Shane,

I would hope that maybe AM would consider letting their fans on the MustangForums preorder or heck...those of us that have spent literally thousands of dollars over the years as loyal customers early access to at least order these taillights. I need these the way a 13 year old needs a PS4!!! lol

(Seriously - Im not kidding! You GOTTA hook me UP!)

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Kevin Ryan

Here's hoping they're below the $500 mark... You could charge $1000 and they'd still sell like hotcakes.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
huntiez
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 mustang gt

dont give them any ideas but we all know price will be high till a year or so passes then it drops
huntiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Kevin Ryan

I am curious to know if:

a. LED or incandescent bulbs
b. Stock wiring harness, company supplied wiring harness, or can I use my aftermarket sequential harness.
c. Will I need to mod anything in the trunk area
d. Price, of course...

Old 10-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdryan View Post
I am curious to know if:

a. LED or incandescent bulbs
b. Stock wiring harness, company supplied wiring harness, or can I use my aftermarket sequential harness.
c. Will I need to mod anything in the trunk area
d. Price, of course...
Just what is clear in the video, they are LED, so that means on your second question it will require either a company or aftermarket harness which Im sure they will provide. Even if the regular harness plugs into it...

I would guess that there will be no trunk mods because that area is structural and Raxiom has taken a long time to develop these, so they've obviously put a lot of thought into them.

As for price, we know we're gonna take it in the rear on these but I would guess they are going to be 250 range which is a premium for any set of taillights including LED's.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Kevin Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcgman View Post
Just what is clear in the video, they are LED, so that means on your second question it will require either a company or aftermarket harness which Im sure they will provide. Even if the regular harness plugs into it...

I would guess that there will be no trunk mods because that area is structural and Raxiom has taken a long time to develop these, so they've obviously put a lot of thought into them.

As for price, we know we're gonna take it in the rear on these but I would guess they are going to be 250 range which is a premium for any set of taillights including LED's.
Not used to dealing with LED's, so I wasn't sure. As for the price, if harnesses and LED's are included, I'm guessing a lot more than $250. I'm thinking more like above my $500 mark. I'll probably pay it...

Old 10-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Judge Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdryan View Post
Not used to dealing with LED's, so I wasn't sure. As for the price, if harnesses and LED's are included, I'm guessing a lot more than $250. I'm thinking more like above my $500 mark. I'll probably pay it...
LEDs would be standard for this type of taillight. I can't see Halogen bulbs being used in the application from the video. Also, Raxiom has a 2 year warranty with all their products so if you have bulbs go out, just order new ones I suppose. I've always has awesome luck and reliability with Raxiom so I'm not to worried about the LED application. HIDs are where you start to questions reliability, those are highly faulty if purchasing from the wrong aftermarket solution.

As far as these taillights, they look sleek in the daytime previews months ago, they look great at night. I'm sure they're going to be in the $500 - $600 dollar range. When Cervinis released their retro taillights, they went for $599.99. I'm sure these will be around the same.

All in all, if you want a premium look to your taillights, you'll have to pay a premium price. Pure and simple. I'll be getting a set on day 1 as long as they're under $1k.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:56 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement