Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

ne suggestions? SUBS? AMP

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:34 PM
06mustang88
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ne suggestions? SUBS? AMP

ORIGINAL: 1fastzook

well for $1000 you are not going to get "huge bass" you might be able to get some subs for a grand.check ebay for some DD's, RE's or some MOJO'S.I might have a 9917 i might sell for the right price but good luck fitting it in your car unless you build a wall.
yes you can get huge base for 1000.
i paid 1000 for my system. i have 2 12" JL Audio 3v2's, a 800W CliffDesign amp, Polk audio speakers.
i went with high end things because i wanted sound quality instead of just loud. if you step down a notch or two, you can get very very loud...it just won't be quite as nice.

you need to decide where you fall in the line of
HIGH END QUALITY-----cheaper-----cheaper------>LOUD
look on ebay for NEW items, i wouldn't recomend buying used things
Old 04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

JL W3V2'S are not what I, or any knowledgeble person on this forum would suggest.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:39 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Check out something like 2 MTX 7500 15's. If your planning on using your backseat as the spot to put your subs you could defiantly get some big bass with these. And decent SQ, pair those up with an MTX 5601 amp, you'll be loud and sound good and that'll run you right about a grand. If you were thinking more along the lines of in the trunk system do the same set-up with 7500 12's instead, same amp and everything though, ohh Ported box incase you wondered.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:19 PM
britt21
3rd Gear Member

Hisss04Cobra Date 4/21/2006 2:23:31 PM
JL W3V2'S are not what I, or any knowledgeble person on this forum would suggest.
Whys that? Do you mean you wouldnt suggest it for "huge bass", or just you wouldnt suggest them period?
Old 04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
morbid
1st Gear Member

Go make friends with somebody that works in best buy, they get GREAT discounts on subs, amps, head units, and install... and then jsut get the best ones they got there.

i say this becuase the best buy's near my house have good systems and thats where all my friends got theirs.

when i get my car im buying my friends system for cheap, wich he already got a discount... so im getting like a double discount lol
Old 04-22-2006, 03:51 AM
kraz3y
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: morbid

Go make friends with somebody that works in best buy, they get GREAT discounts on subs, amps, head units, and install... and then jsut get the best ones they got there.

i say this becuase the best buy's near my house have good systems and thats where all my friends got theirs.

when i get my car im buying my friends system for cheap, wich he already got a discount... so im getting like a double discount lol
lol ill try but i dont really like the brand they got there
Old 04-22-2006, 11:26 AM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06mustang88

ORIGINAL: 1fastzook

well for $1000 you are not going to get "huge bass" you might be able to get some subs for a grand.check ebay for some DD's, RE's or some MOJO'S.I might have a 9917 i might sell for the right price but good luck fitting it in your car unless you build a wall.
yes you can get huge base for 1000.
i paid 1000 for my system. i have 2 12" JL Audio 3v2's, a 800W CliffDesign amp, Polk audio speakers.
i went with high end things because i wanted sound quality instead of just loud. if you step down a notch or two, you can get very very loud...it just won't be quite as nice.

you need to decide where you fall in the line of
HIGH END QUALITY-----cheaper-----cheaper------>LOUD
look on ebay for NEW items, i wouldn't recomend buying used things
Im sorry but your set up isnt "high end" quality.He said he wants huge bass that you can hear coming down the street .I would buy some used DD's or RE's because you can always send the back for a rebuild and it will still be cheaper than buying new ones.You get for what you pay for.And what is this high end quality----cheaper---cheaper---loud ?are you saying to get loud you need cheap a stereo..lol
Old 04-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

ORIGINAL: britt21

Hisss04Cobra Date 4/21/2006 2:23:31 PM
Whys that? Do you mean you wouldnt suggest it for "huge bass", or just you wouldnt suggest them period?
I meant I wouldn't suggest them for huge bass. I wouldn't suggest them compared to cheaper brands that can do the same thing. Yes, JL w3v2's are very good subwoofers, but are they the best, no.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:38 AM
lrall
2nd Gear Member

hiss04cobra ur full of it, the W3v2s are some of the best on the market, if you want loud get a W7, what the hell do u suggest? sonys? jls may be a lil more expensive but they are high quality, if you wanna bump loud get a W6 or W7...or audiobahn if your cool like hissysnake here....lol
Old 04-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

ORIGINAL: lrall

hiss04cobra ur full of it, the W3v2s are some of the best on the market, if you want loud get a W7, what the hell do u suggest? sonys? jls may be a lil more expensive but they are high quality, if you wanna bump loud get a W6 or W7...or audiobahn if your cool like hissysnake here....lol
You prove your genius in every single post you make...

Quick Reply: ne suggestions? SUBS? AMP