Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Can my car handle this much audio?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:28 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Can my car handle this much audio?

ORIGINAL: 94gtbuilder

What makes these speakers great, compared to other cheaper ones. I may have used the wrong terminoligy, but i meant 1,000 for all the speakers and the subs. A little more would be ok,and im not trying to make a comp set-up. Just something that sounds good for easy listening and is pretty loud. And.... and i would still like to know why RF sucks.
Like I said, everything really needs to be matched. Does the $1000 include the amps, wiring, and a HU. I really need a total budget to make recommendations. You will not get good results from buying a hodge podge of equipment and throwing it in....

That setup you had above looks like it would total at least $2k.

RF doesn't 1005 suck. They make some decent amps and used to make a phenominal SQ HU (It was a rebadged Denon unit), but subs and speakers leave a lot to be desired. You can also do much better for the money then RFequipment unless you get their amps at cost. Rockford amps are their only product I would touch with a 10 foot pole.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:12 PM
JTE_502
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PReal

Rockford amps are their only product I would touch with a 10 foot pole.
And make that the Power Series at that.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:18 PM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

Alright right on. What about some opinions of some more commercial companies like Alpine and Kicker? Your Thoughts please. Even if they do sound good people respond better to things they're heard of.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:06 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

Alpine makes some decent products.I just installed a PDX amp and although overpriced for its power output, the size of those ampsare very nice. They also make some of the better HU's on the market. I prefer eclipse, butI would buy an alpine if the price was right.Also, their $7k comp set is supposed to be pretty nice.

Kicker makes nothing that sounds good. Thier subs get loud, but other brands provide just as much SPL (loudness) with much much greater sound quality!

You might respond better to brands you have heard of, but if you buy them you are wasting a great deal of money.The brands they sell in retail stores are brands that 16 year old kids with V6 camero's and mustangs buy. You don't want to run in that crowd. If you shop at best buy you might as well put altezza's on your mustang and start wearing a visor upside down and backwards...

There are a number of us that have been playing and working with audio for a while and have gained knowledge of what to buy and what not to buy. If you want to buy something becuase of the name go ahead, but when you heara stereo thatwe put together for half the price and are blown away, don't say we didn't warn you.

Mainstream companies spend money are marketing, word of mouth companies spend money on engineering and let thier products do the advertising.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:26 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

i have 10 speakers in my car + 2 subs and 2 amps which are...4xpioneer 5x7"s and upgraded mach audio door tweeters, 2 power acoustic tweeters, 2 pioneer 6x9"s, 2 mtx 7500 12s, 1 mtx 800watt rms mono block amp and 1 mtx 75wattx4. i hit 119+db in just highs but weight is an issue.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:30 PM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

Alpine makes some decent products.I just installed a PDX amp and although overpriced for its power output, the size of those ampsare very nice. They also make some of the better HU's on the market. I prefer eclipse, butI would buy an alpine if the price was right.Also, their $7k comp set is supposed to be pretty nice.

Kicker makes nothing that sounds good. Thier subs get loud, but other brands provide just as much SPL (loudness) with much much greater sound quality!

You might respond better to brands you have heard of, but if you buy them you are wasting a great deal of money.The brands they sell in retail stores are brands that 16 year old kids with V6 camero's and mustangs buy. You don't want to run in that crowd. If you shop at best buy you might as well put altezza's on your mustang and start wearing a visor upside down and backwards...

There are a number of us that have been playing and working with audio for a while and have gained knowledge of what to buy and what not to buy. If you want to buy something becuase of the name go ahead, but when you heara stereo thatwe put together for half the price and are blown away, don't say we didn't warn you.

Mainstream companies spend money are marketing, word of mouth companies spend money on engineering and let thier products do the advertising.
Well Said. I will no longer mention anything like that, because you guys obviously know what you're talking about. What are some company websites i can check out.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:49 PM
JTE_502
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JTE_502

I have used a couple of amps from the RF Power lineup, the T5002 and and my last one was a T15002. I have had good experiences with both and they were great amps, but I wouldn't touch anything from the Punch series. Like has been said, spend the money on some quality stuff. I would imagine quite a few here are going to recommend items from companies such as RE Audio, Digital Designs, Diamond Audio, CDT, etc... Go check a few of these companies websites and see what they can offer that you are looking for.
And another one would be Elemental Designs...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:00 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

Elemental designs

Digital designs

Sundown audio

CDT Audio

Fi car audio

Audison

RE

Sound Splinter

ETC...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangant

i have 10 speakers in my car + 2 subs and 2 amps which are...4xpioneer 5x7"s and upgraded mach audio door tweeters, 2 power acoustic tweeters, 2 pioneer 6x9"s, 2 mtx 7500 12s, 1 mtx 800watt rms mono block amp and 1 mtx 75wattx4. i hit 119+db in just highs but weight is an issue.

If I fart and hold a mic to my rear I can get 120db...

Old 05-17-2008, 07:47 PM
excelerater
1st Gear Member

Elemental designs

Digital designs

Sundown audio

CDT Audio

Fi car audio

Audison

RE

Sound Splinter

ETC...
I switched to FI earlier this year and was really impressed with the Q sub.....
I have one ported with an eD 9.1 amp in my truck,,,,,killer combo...

I was thinking of adding an FI SSD to my new stang (ported 10) powered by a DLS A5(3 channel)
along with my AURA MR62 comps...Keep it simple,small and light..

sorry to highjack[sm=oopssign.gif]

Quick Reply: Can my car handle this much audio?