Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > Bullitt Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt

Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #41
jh2586
1st Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to jh2586
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03supercobra View Post
i got a real cobra, i dont buy piece of ****bullitts and put bodykits on them u f u c k i n g d i c k thats why my car will smoke that piece of crap of urs. U f a g s talk to much **** about cobras and machs, cause u puusy whips just arent as fast as our snakes and machs[:-]
LMFAO!!! I'm sorry i just lawled sooo hard at this post..

I couldn't agree anymore though. Bullitts are slightly better than GTs, however they're nowhere near the Mach 1s or Cobras. With the Mods I have on my GT, I beat Bullitt that had a CAI. Could have been driver.. I don't know. But if a regular GT can beat a Bullitt with just minor mods (Intake Exhaust) then I'll have to agree that the Bullitt is more for suspension/appearance, than power.

That, and I'm also biased towards Machs and Cobras.. I'm getting one of the two very very soon
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2001 1/2 True Blue Mustang GT.
BBK O/R X-Pipe
BBK CAI
Flows
4.10 gears soon!
Pretty much stock for now.
jh2586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #42
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallidamors View Post
5hp = .5 seconds? Umm no way
Under rated... and.

The TQ curse on a stock Bullitt VS a stock GT is much flatter.
281CI Blue Printed Engine (Teksid, CP's, Manley Billit, Cobra Crank,) Foxlake Ported SVO heads, PI CAM's, kooks LT's, 2.3L Allen Twin Screw Blower, 63lb, SCT2800 MAF, Mcloed 8" Twin disk, Viper T-56, Griggs GR40 With Watt Link. SSR GT3's... and more. Tuned by... Me.
535HP, 530TQ 12PSI .
Stevecooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #43
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk99 View Post
I think the IRS setup is meant more for road race applications Seriously though for day to day driving it is a better setup than the GTs. However if you want a drag car the GTs rear still needs upgraded to handle any real power. Now to swap out the rear end on a cobra is a little more expensive, but if I ever do I'll probably go with a 9"
I'll take my solid axle with TQ arm and watts link over the cobra's IRS.
281CI Blue Printed Engine (Teksid, CP's, Manley Billit, Cobra Crank,) Foxlake Ported SVO heads, PI CAM's, kooks LT's, 2.3L Allen Twin Screw Blower, 63lb, SCT2800 MAF, Mcloed 8" Twin disk, Viper T-56, Griggs GR40 With Watt Link. SSR GT3's... and more. Tuned by... Me.
535HP, 530TQ 12PSI .
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #44
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
i got a real cobra, i dont buy piece of ****bullitts and put bodykits on them u f u c k i n g d i c k thats why my car will smoke that piece of crap of urs. U f a g s talk to much **** about cobras and machs, cause u puusy whips just arent as fast as our snakes and machs[:-]
Mines not so slow

I wouldn't ever say a Bullitt is a better buy over a Cobra or a Mach1. I got a great deal when I bought mine and that was the only reason.
535HP, 530TQ 12PSI .
Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #45
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to 72MachOne99GT Send a message via Yahoo to 72MachOne99GT

You know how easy it would be to solve issues like this?

If MORE people with their own Bullits posted up their OWN timeslips, compared to Regular GT owners putting up their timeslips.

Instead of just bench racing and going off figures and numbers tossed around by manufacturers and magazines.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #46
crash
BrandofPoop

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 04557
Michael D Farrington Flightboy101

I got my Bullitt for 8k, owner had a kid and needed to get rid of the car asap. The TQ is much flatter and just feels better to drive than a GT. Cobra's are still top dog though for new edges!
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #47
bucky1

Vehicle: 2003 Mach 1

My old Gt had some UD pullies, a mac h, different catback, and 4.10's.

I beat my friends Bullitt a couple of times. He would jump off the line a little ahead, I would take the lead, he would start to pull about 3krpm's, but then I would catch him and go by. He would always go on and on about the intake, and how they were underated by Ford. I think they were over-rated by him.

Bullitt's are nice cars though. I will say they felt alot more nimble than my GT though, driving the car felt like it was alot lighter, more pep to it. I'd probably take one, but not over the Mach.
bucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #48
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 99 GT 35th LE auto

For 10 minutes on a nice sunny day I switched stangs with an older fella I hardly knew...I drove his '01 Bullitt while he drove ahead in my '04 Mach. We both thoroughly enjoyed the drive of eachother's cars. He noticed increased power in my Mach but in no way did I think his Bullitt was a slow poke. It felt nimble and I enjoyed the no-nonsense nostalgia to the car. It's not as powerful but it definately has it's pluses. Even though I love my Mach, I'd buy a Bullitt in a heartbeat. To me, it was exactly what Ford meant for it to be.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #49
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: '99 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecooper View Post
Under rated... and.

The TQ curse on a stock Bullitt VS a stock GT is much flatter.
I hear that a lot, But I have yet to see a stock or close to stock GT vs a stock or close to stock bullitt dyno comparison.

Current DD: 2002 Electron Blue Z06
-LG Long Tubes
-LG X-pipe
-Vararam Intake
-MAF Delete
-Speed Density Tune
-I wanted the LSX without the F-body attached-

My Baby: - ::SOLD:: -
defconfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #50
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to boduke0220

I love the bullitts. stock for stock my friends would always put about 3 cars on me to 100. now i have the edge haha and he has 3.73's tune cai and h pipe.

the bullitt is the only other 2v i would buy again

AED Tune. Lethal X pipe. Borla S Types.
boduke0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #51
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to boduke0220

Quote:

lol @ this.

AED Tune. Lethal X pipe. Borla S Types.
boduke0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #52
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: '99 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boduke0220 View Post
I love the bullitts. stock for stock my friends would always put about 3 cars on me to 100. now i have the edge haha and he has 3.73's tune cai and h pipe.

the bullitt is the only other 2v i would buy again
If that is true (assuming comparable drivers), that really makes me consider the bullitt intake manifold swap.

But I just got my plenum a couple months ago, so it'd would seem like a waste. I guess I'll wait until I crack my stock plastic intake and then look around at options.

Current DD: 2002 Electron Blue Z06
-LG Long Tubes
-LG X-pipe
-Vararam Intake
-MAF Delete
-Speed Density Tune
-I wanted the LSX without the F-body attached-

My Baby: - ::SOLD:: -
defconfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #53
72MachOne99GT

Send a message via AIM to 72MachOne99GT Send a message via Yahoo to 72MachOne99GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by defconfire View Post
If that is true (assuming comparable drivers), that really makes me consider the bullitt intake manifold swap.

But I just got my plenum a couple months ago, so it'd would seem like a waste. I guess I'll wait until I crack my stock plastic intake and then look around at options.

It's almost impossible to find comparable drivers though w/o some slips from the track like I suggested. Let's take this thread as an example. I'll go back a couple posts.

from boduke:

Quote:
I love the bullitts. stock for stock my friends would always put about 3 cars on me to 100....
Assuming stock drivers, being equal, he's suggesting that bullit put three cars on him in the quarter mile (100mph).

Yet, now with almost equal mods..I quote again:

Quote:
...now i have the edge... he has 3.73's tune cai and h pipe.
boduke now has:

CAI,4.10's,Sniper, O/r H pipe, SLP LM II"s

I don't believe that the difference in 4.10's to 3.73's, and a catback, is enough to make up more than a three car difference in the quarter mile.

__________________________________________________ ___________

The point of this is not to call out boduke, or tell him that he's lying.

I'm just trying to point out that it's very very difficult to find comparable drivers and compare two cars based on the outcome of a few races.

I still think we need to see equally, or very near equally modified cars, and compare their time slips. Until that happens, there will be nothing but bickering,hear-say, and other rabble.

Just trying to be a peace-maker/logical reasoner as usual. I generally fail though.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #54
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by defconfire View Post
I hear that a lot, But I have yet to see a stock or close to stock GT vs a stock or close to stock bullitt dyno comparison.

well here's the one for a bullitt. Good luck finding a dyno graph for a Stock GT of a comparable year (99-02). nearly impossible.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/2.../DynoSheet.jpg

haha success!!

blue line is baseline. The Bullitt does have a much flatter TQ curve compared to the stock (blue line) of the GT. Disregard teh red line in thsi graph it has to do with some mods they were doing on this GT.

http://image.musclemustangfastfords....front_view.jpg

and for the record, it's not just numbers that push the car down teh road, it's the areas under the curves. So a flatter TQ curve would have a lot do with a the bullitt being faster with what appears to be minimal gains in net numbers.

I don't buy 1/2 second (0.5) faster in the 1/4 than a stock GT but I would say closer to 2-3 tenths faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly

Last edited by Derf00; 04-14-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #55
72MachOne99GT

I'm pretty sure that FIRST link is not a stock Bullit......
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #56
rygi23
4th Gear Member

those dynos aren't of a stock Bullitt and a throttle body will yield no more than a .2 ad in the 1/4. Wow what a long thread!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #57
72MachOne99GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygi23 View Post
those dynos aren't of a stock Bullitt and a throttle body will yield no more than a .2 ad in the 1/4. Wow what a long thread!
That you've done nothing more than just make longer by your comment. The Bullit is not just a GT with a throttle body on it.

Reread this thread, and others and you'll find there are other mechanical differences, as well as interior/exterior styling differences.

I see why Bullit owners get mad sometimes, but I also see why non-Bullit people get fed up with them as well.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #58
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
That you've done nothing more than just make longer by your comment. The Bullit is not just a GT with a throttle body on it.

Reread this thread, and others and you'll find there are other mechanical differences, as well as interior/exterior styling differences.

I see why Bullit owners get mad sometimes, but I also see why non-Bullit people get fed up with them as well.
Alright, smart ****. There's no reason for Bullitt or non-Bullitt owners of a mature age to get mad or fed up as we're all stang owners here. I'm well aware of the Bullitt's differences and advantages in power, suspension, and interior/exterior cosmetics, and after switching cars with a Bullitt owner one day, though mine has a little more oomph, I almost didn't want to get out of his Bullitt! Very nice cars indeed.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #59
crash
BrandofPoop

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 04557
Michael D Farrington Flightboy101

On a side note, I'd still rather have a 4v instead of a 2v though. I do enjoy my Bullitt very much and when people know its a Bullitt, get some nice compliments. Whenever I hear people say that's just a GT I just laugh in my head and just nod my head.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #60
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
On a side note, I'd still rather have a 4v instead of a 2v though. I do enjoy my Bullitt very much and when people know its a Bullitt, get some nice compliments. Whenever I hear people say that's just a GT I just laugh in my head and just nod my head.
There is an obvious engine difference, the Bullitt owner I switched with noticed it more than I did, but the Bullitts are still ever so sweet all around. Those folks that don't know their pony knowledge....well they just don't know. From time to time a fella with a Cobra will say that a Mach is basically a GT. It goes on and on. I have the same reaction you described. Those neysayers are few and far between though as most of us do have a deep respect for all stangs.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
060, 14, 2001, bad, bulitt, bullitt, dark, difference, green, gt, highland, mach, mile, mustang, stock, whats