Bullitt Mustangs

whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by rygi23
There is an obvious engine difference, the Bullitt owner I switched with noticed it more than I did, but the Bullitts are still ever so sweet all around. Those folks that don't know their pony knowledge....well they just don't know. From time to time a fella with a Cobra will say that a Mach is basically a GT. It goes on and on. I have the same reaction you described. Those neysayers are few and far between though as most of us do have a deep respect for all stangs.
I would personally slap that guy for being a retard. lol
Old 04-15-2009, 06:33 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I would personally slap that guy for being a retard. lol
Nah, I don't let it bother me. I just state that I thought about buying a Cobra first because they are sweet, but I just couldn't justify the extra six thousand. It ain't worth getting worked up over because everyone is entitle to an opinion and they're talking about a car and not something like how their dad is bigger than mine. Let me see some pics of that Bullitt! Looks black?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:31 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
It's almost impossible to find comparable drivers though w/o some slips from the track like I suggested. Let's take this thread as an example. I'll go back a couple posts.

from boduke:

Assuming stock drivers, being equal, he's suggesting that bullit put three cars on him in the quarter mile (100mph).

Yet, now with almost equal mods..I quote again:

boduke now has:

CAI,4.10's,Sniper, O/r H pipe, SLP LM II"s

I don't believe that the difference in 4.10's to 3.73's, and a catback, is enough to make up more than a three car difference in the quarter mile.

__________________________________________________ ___________

The point of this is not to call out boduke, or tell him that he's lying.

I'm just trying to point out that it's very very difficult to find comparable drivers and compare two cars based on the outcome of a few races.

I still think we need to see equally, or very near equally modified cars, and compare their time slips. Until that happens, there will be nothing but bickering,hear-say, and other rabble.

Just trying to be a peace-maker/logical reasoner as usual. I generally fail though.
lol its cool. To be honest were both good drivers but he is probably better. and another reason for us being even with our mods now is his car isnt running exactly right. it may or may not have been the night of the race. it looked like it was too me but his coil packs have been going out like crazy so it may have been miss firing. I have a vid of us racing if you'd like to see it.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

oh and the time i stayed even was from 50-120 soemthing.

when he put 3 cars on me it was from a dig.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by rygi23
Let me see some pics of that Bullitt! Looks black?
Here ya go....I need to take more though.
Attached Thumbnails  whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt-smudge.jpg    whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt-p1050206.jpg    whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt-p1050182.jpg    whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt-p1050172.jpg  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:21 PM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

NICE car crash, and camera work too.

I can honestly say I like all Mustangs equally, when I look at them in context. I try not to compare Mach 1'a with GT's, or Cobra's with Bullitts...well, in stock form anyways. As someone already said, when the modding begins, all bets are off. I love my GT, but do wish I would've spent the extra $3k on that Mach....
Old 04-19-2009, 05:22 PM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

double post...grrrrr

Last edited by sweger; 04-19-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
DOUGAL

Default Just a thought.

Ford power rating 270 bhp @ 5,000 rpm.
Mine totally stock limmiter aprox 6,700 rpm.
Responds well to good fuel

Cheers,

DOUGAL
Old 07-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sweger
NICE car crash, and camera work too.

I can honestly say I like all Mustangs equally, when I look at them in context. I try not to compare Mach 1'a with GT's, or Cobra's with Bullitts...well, in stock form anyways. As someone already said, when the modding begins, all bets are off. I love my GT, but do wish I would've spent the extra $3k on that Mach....
use that extra 3k toward a vortech supercharger setup and u will be faster
Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I like them all as well! They all have unique and likeable things about them. I think the Bullit is cool, but i'd rather save the 3-4k and have the gt, and put that towards mods.

My buddy has an 01 Bullitt with the exactly the same boltons as me (except intake and tb/plenum and my 3.90's to his 4.10's) and on the same exact dyno he put down 258rwhp/297rwtq to my 269rwhp/305rwtq. In a street race it's pretty even till 4th, where i start pulling a tiny bit. This drives him nuts...lol!

Quick Reply: whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt