Bullitt Mustangs

Questions for the mechanically inclined (not for retards)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Questions for the mechanically inclined (not for retards)

You have got to be kidding me??? hahaha, Hey no limit, go back to the farm. Looks like you're a MoTard.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

no harm no foul.

this forum has always been a peaceful informative forum.

im not saying all ASE guys know everything. but they know more than the kid down the block fixing cars for 50 bucks.

plus im about as country as you get. i live in florida in the sticks and go mudding about everyother day. ill post pics of my jeep stuck in up to the doors some time.

as for builiding your bullitt up go ahead if i were you and read more in the larger "4.6 forum. "

the bullitt is similar to tht the regular GT. the only difference is throttle body, intake and underdrive pulleys. compression ratios, injectors, heads. they are all the same as the new PI mustang gt engines.

if you go all bolt on your 4.6 can achieve a rewarding 300-320 with exhaust.

then you can looking into forced induction. i know plenty of GTs thta run a humble 5 psi and recieve about 350 or more to the wheels. in a bullitt that translates to about 11-12 seconds depending on tires and driver. a stock bullitt will run 13.7 full bolt ons 13.0 D/R 12.5-7 and with a supercharger your looking at 12.00. now if your looking for more pwer or speed then put forged internals and crank up the boost to about 8-9-10. but a mustang GT motor can handle 5 -6 pounds effortlessly.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hot70Mach1

then you can looking into forced induction. i know plenty of GTs thta run a humble 5 psi and recieve about 350 or more to the wheels. in a bullitt that translates to about 11-12 seconds depending on tires and driver. a stock bullitt will run 13.7 full bolt ons 13.0 D/R 12.5-7 and with a supercharger your looking at 12.00. now if your looking for more pwer or speed then put forged internals and crank up the boost to about 8-9-10. but a mustang GT motor can handle 5 -6 pounds effortlessly.
or 10.3x's with the set up of the bullitt i originally posted.

good luck with the build no limit.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

or 10.3x's with the set up of the bullitt i originally posted.

good luck with the build no limit.
thanks for the correction i was making conservative estimates.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the email NOLimit I still think you're a tool.... Don't ever try to use your military status as an excuse to be a jackass. I think you should re read your core values. They're not just for the military sevice.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:39 PM
NeedStangSpeed
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

Thanks for the email NOLimit I still think you're a tool.... Don't ever try to use your military status as an excuse to be a jackass. I think you should re read your core values. They're not just for the military sevice.
+1 he's probably an MP or something!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 AM
nolimitsoldierz77

Hey NeedStangSpeed I'm not an MP. Aside from that what do you think of running 3.73's rather than 3.90's or 4.10's? Also I wanted to know how you like the BBK headers, I've searched everywhere and no matter who makes the long tube headers they are all in the price range of $450-$500+. I have the diablo sport, and come to find out most shops run the SCT background software and have yet to find a shop that runs the Diablo software. How have the eibach springs worked out for you and do you recommend running an X-pipe and if I do how much of hp boost will I get. Last question how much rwhp and torquedo you make with your bullitt?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
NeedStangSpeed
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nolimitsoldierz77

Hey NeedStangSpeed I'm not an MP. Aside from that what do you think of running 3.73's rather than 3.90's or 4.10's?<minumal differences on those3 selections, I have the 3:90's, run 60 MPH at about 1750 RPMs, I think 70 at about 2150 RPMs,a buddy of mine has 3:73, hardly noticable>Also I wanted to know how you like the BBK headers,<I like the shorty's just fine, but have been having problems lately with keeping the flange on the driverside between theheader and X pipe from leaking, I'm considering long tubes now because of that.>I've searched everywhere and no matter who makes the long tube headers they are all in the price range of $450-$500+. I have the diablo sport, and come to find out most shops run the SCT background software and have yet to find a shop that runs the Diablo software. How have the eibach springs worked out for you and do you recommend running an X-pipe<X pipes are said to be worth 10-15HP, can't say I got that or not becauseI putall those mods on at once, CAI, Headers, X pipe, cat back, and sct.>and if I do how much of hp boost will I get. Last question how much rwhp and torque<this is questionable,depends on location, settings of the dyno computer and so on and so on, but my paper says, 285 HP and 356 TQ, can't tell you how accurate that is, haven't had a good run at the track yet>do you make with your bullitt?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:37 AM
nolimitsoldierz77

Thanks for the good info, I think I'll most likely go with the long tube headers and depending on how my steeda side exhaust pipes run I might try suffing a shortened version of and X pipe in there if it's possible.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:41 AM
in99flames
1st Gear Member

In a completely non related comment related to this thread....I must admit, this thread became way more popular than I ever thought judging by the way it started out :P

Quick Reply: Questions for the mechanically inclined (not for retards)