Bullitt Mustangs

sn95 bullitt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:02 PM
04camaroeater
1st Gear Member

Default sn95 bullitt?

I have a 98 gt that is dgs. I love the sn95 bodies and I realize there was never a 94-98 bullitt but I would like to turn mine into one. Not necessarily performance wise but definitely styling wise. Has anyone seen this done before and if not is it a stupid idea? I don't want to be hated on for making my car something its not.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

I guess it all depends upon what mods you have planned in order to make it similar to a Bullitt.

My first thought is that you wouldn't really be able to make it all that similar to a Bullitt, and there is no good reason to try. Simply mod the car as you see fit and call it a day. Trying to make the car like one that has never been made is tough.

If you like the simple and understated look of no spoiler/wing, no fog lights, and bullitt wheels then I say do it. You could take it much further and add Cobra brakes and a Bullitt/Mach1 suspension which would make it drive a lot more like a Bullitt.

I would never suggest that you ever badge the car as a Bullitt. That would probably be the only mod that would draw heavy criticism from others.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:43 PM
04camaroeater
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRUEBLUE3934
I guess it all depends upon what mods you have planned in order to make it similar to a Bullitt.

My first thought is that you wouldn't really be able to make it all that similar to a Bullitt, and there is no good reason to try. Simply mod the car as you see fit and call it a day. Trying to make the car like one that has never been made is tough.

If you like the simple and understated look of no spoiler/wing, no fog lights, and bullitt wheels then I say do it. You could take it much further and add Cobra brakes and a Bullitt/Mach1 suspension which would make it drive a lot more like a Bullitt.

I would never suggest that you ever badge the car as a Bullitt. That would probably be the only mod that would draw heavy criticism from others.
Thanks for the reply. I think I may just do bullitt accents like calipers no spoiler rims and gas lid. I mainly wanted to see if there were any other ones out there. I want something that stands out from all the other stangs out there.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

I've seen Foxbodys built similarly- never a SN95, other then some of the forest green (or whatever color that is) that seems close to DHG. Jut dont badge it as a bullitt!

also, adjust your signature size- its a bit big!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:32 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I've seen a couple done up like a Bullitt. They look sharp.
And I know the guy who's car is in your sig... every time you post I think it's him.

Gus98GT on SN95Forums.com:

Last edited by LilRoush; 04-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
04camaroeater
1st Gear Member

Dang that looks sharp. I hope your friend doesn't take offense to me using his pic in my sig. It should be a compliment but if not I will change it.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 AM
BaltRavens
2nd Gear Member

I raced a 1996 clone, random interstate meet up, but it was pretty sharp... If I had another SN95 I would really consider doing this, seriously.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:40 AM
dmostz

That green looks good, you could get a black bullitt too right? thats the color I'd do, GL with the project if you do it.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:48 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmostz
That green looks good, you could get a black bullitt too right? thats the color I'd do, GL with the project if you do it.

'01 Bullitts came in three colors: DHG, Black, and True Blue.
'08/09 Bullitts came in DHG and Black.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 AM
04camaroeater
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmostz
Mine is already green though so I'm gonna stick with that

Quick Reply: sn95 bullitt?