California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

What are you working on right now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Default What are you working on right now?

So I see this in a few other forums and decided it could be a good way to get this section going. The question is what project are you working on on your Stang right now? Ill start!

I have been trying to get a Samsung Galaxy Tablet installed in my '11 ever sense I saw it done on TheMustangSource.com. So far it has been alot more complicated that I ever thought. But I am at 95% done. Just need to re-wrap my CF vinyl again.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:07 AM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

Looks good Matt...glad I could help! Any more questions let me know...
Old 07-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by uin2it
Looks good Matt...glad I could help! Any more questions let me know...
Thanks Buddy. You working on anything?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Lookin' good matt.

Right now, I'm trying to get the motor paid off so I can start up on other items that need attention. Yesterday I finally put on a nice jamb nut on the shifter, the t-56 magnum xl kit doesn't come with anything really, so if you have the stock boot, you have an opening on the top of the boot... all fixed now.

The next thing will probably be a fan/shroud for the radiator. I bought an aftermarket radiator for additional cooling, but it's thicker and would push the stock fan/shroud into my intake pipe, so it looks like I'll need something custom.

Last edited by danzcool; 07-28-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by danzcool
Lookin' good matt.

Right now, I'm trying to get the motor paid off so I can start up on other items that need attention. Yesterday I finally put on a nice jamb nut on the shifter, the t-56 magnum xl kit doesn't come with anything really, so if you have the stock boot, you have an opening on the top of the boot... all fixed now.

The next thing will probably be a fan/shroud for the radiator. I bought an aftermarket radiator for additional cooling, but it's thicker and would push the stock fan/shroud into my intake pipe, so it looks like I'll need something custom.
I hear that. Im trying to get my car paid off. I bought it in October of '12 and the wife and I are trying to get it paid off my June of '14. Only $7700 left to go. Once its paid off oooohhhh boy watch out it will free up alot of cash for mods.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:09 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I hear that. Im trying to get my car paid off. I bought it in October of '12 and the wife and I are trying to get it paid off my June of '14. Only $7700 left to go. Once its paid off oooohhhh boy watch out it will free up alot of cash for mods.
Yeah, since I paid off the car a few years ago that car payment each month still goes into the car. There's only $1000 left on the motor and the 0% interest intro offer on the CC I charged it on expires in September, once that's paid, time for another zero interest offer to finish prep for Mojave.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:59 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

working on a few finals bits of my air kit, drain line/emergency refil + water traps.

then i need to figure out what im gonna do with my stereo, its the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and has built in controls for ipod/pandora, however ive swapped over to Samsung galaxy S4 and havnt been able to see how itll work with it, if at all
Old 07-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by danzcool
Yeah, since I paid off the car a few years ago that car payment each month still goes into the car. There's only $1000 left on the motor and the 0% interest intro offer on the CC I charged it on expires in September, once that's paid, time for another zero interest offer to finish prep for Mojave.
I love 0% offers. I was able to get 0% on my wifes Focus and my Mustang is at only 1.89%. Cant wait to see the final outcome of your build.

Originally Posted by Lem-06
working on a few finals bits of my air kit, drain line/emergency refil + water traps.

then i need to figure out what im gonna do with my stereo, its the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and has built in controls for ipod/pandora, however ive swapped over to Samsung galaxy S4 and havnt been able to see how itll work with it, if at all
Soooo when your done your going to be riding like ->. As for the stereo you could always go with a tablet like Stanglife and I. Can be done cheap (about 200-250) which leave alot of money for better speakers.

Matthew
Old 07-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

na, more like lookin damn good and being practical to say **** speed bumps+****ty parkinglot entrances.
hmm, not sure about the tablet, could be neat....
Old 07-29-2013, 02:56 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

I need to get a Carbon dash insert like that soon, my GT/CS already has a factory Carbon dash insert across the full gage and Psg-side. I'd like to see you put Kooks Long Tubes and Catted-X with expensive axil backs then Dyno it so I know what a 3.7 can really do. Add the CAI a 73mm T/B, 93 tune and 305 should be 50+ hp but you'll need the 3.73 for real fun.

350 in a six!

What am I doing, I gutted my suspension and did everything to it.
Also did CAI, Boss intake and 92 custom tune.

Now to bombproof the driveline:

First ShaftMaster aluminum driveshaft with braided steel clutch line. Lower Control Brackets and Swarr-bar with BMR safety loop to control wheel hop, all done.

The differential will have a Yukon Posi(better for hard launches) factory FRPP 3.73 will stay, FRPP diff-cover and Alloy 31 spline diff-shafts. Then when it's all apart the outer diff-tubes will be spot welded to stop them from rotating under a hard launch. All this is waiting at home.

Last I will put in a good D/D Spec. Stage1 clutch and Spec. aluminum flywheel. Not to radical but better then stock. At the same time to save time and $ the Kook L/T and Cat-X will go in to match the already FRPP axil back Sports.

I've Dyno'ed at 410 ground already so I'm hopping for 450ish? That's N/A bombproof.
It's very expensive to fix a rear-end after your car has thrown it completely out of the car.

Last - meat - 19"x9" and 10" staggered 255/285's Nitto Evo's.
Go Pro's are mounted, 5 point harnesses and it go time.

Last edited by VistaBlueFrank68; 07-29-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply: What are you working on right now?