Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by spectre04
Just a quick hello from Aiken, SC. Some seriously nice cars here, gents.
Yep. These guys are Mustang Addicts! Welcome.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35 PM
66RaventGTCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
One of the guys at work sent this to me. It's old and everyone has probably seen it but it's still frick'n funny!

NSFW - Has some language in it.

http://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg
Welcome Dan. This is getting as bad as all the Steves on here!

Betcha if that Honey badger came up against some of your cobras it would not get back up again. I'm sure that there is a hammer somewhere that would sort it out. Narration is a classic!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:39 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Colubra
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Dan and I recently picked up an 03 Sonic Blue Cobra. I recently moved to Greenville SC off of Ashmore bridge road. Alan0614 has recomended that I join, so just wanted to say hi!

Here's a picture of how she sits now:

Welcome Dan, sweet ride you have there.

Originally Posted by Jeffk
One of the guys at work sent this to me. It's old and everyone has probably seen it but it's still frick'n funny!

NSFW - Has some language in it.

http://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg
Can't help but laugh at Honey Badger, he/she is a tough little beast.

Originally Posted by spectre04
Just a quick hello from Aiken, SC. Some seriously nice cars here, gents.
Welcome spectre04. Glad to have you with us. What is your name?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Colubra
1st Gear Member

So, what are your guys' choice of tuner in the area? This is my first mustang (used to have a WRX but have always wanted a cobra and finally got one)I've got an appointment with Amazon Tuning near the end of June but I might reschedule/cancel to do some maintenance (motor oil, trans oil, spark plugs, etc.) before I put her on the rollers. She currently has a 2.93" pulley, magnaflow exhaust, JLT intake and a bama tune on an SCT tuner.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

So, what are your guys' choice of tuner in the area? This is my first mustang (used to have a WRX but have always wanted a cobra and finally got one)I've got an appointment with Amazon Tuning near the end of June but I might reschedule/cancel to do some maintenance (motor oil, trans oil, spark plugs, etc.) before I put her on the rollers. She currently has a 2.93" pulley, magnaflow exhaust, JLT intake and a bama tune on an SCT tuner.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Dyno tune = Pro Dyno in Fort Mill. Great repair shop as well. Several of our guys can speak to what they can do. I had them put gears in my GT. Great group to hang out with as well.

Other tunes = you should talk to jayman33 (Jason) or SleeperGT (John) of Hypermotive Performance. They are good guys and will steer you in the right direction. Word of caution, they sell go fast and make it pretty parts. They feed our addiction.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
RoushFnatic

And they can make you really really loud! And ridiculous fast of course.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Dropping mine off at Pro Dyno next week! Can't wait!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

We are here to help.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Thoughts? Experiences?
I won't say anything bad about Amazon, because he is a good tuner. I have a couple of friends that went there and had decent results.

With that being said..... PRO DYNO PRO DYNO PRO DYNO!!!!! Dan transformed my car from a rocket ship into a ballistic missile. After his tune I went to the track and it was like a different car. Can't say enough good about those guys down there....

Now, with that being said.... If you are going to do a mail order tune get with the guys at Hypermotive and get a tune from Justin at VMP. I had his tune in my shelby and it was very good, and I am presently using his tune in my 05 GT. I think he is the best email tuner in the biz.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Beautiful Cobra Colubra. Enjoy and welcome to the Carolina Chapter. Great guys on here with awesome rides. Good luck on your upgrades and keep us posted on what you get done. Pictures are always nice.

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT