Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > MustangForums.com Regional Chapters > Carolina Regional Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2V8 View Post
HAHA nice, I love when lack of detail works for the common man. I'm just now getting to a place to save for my build that I ultimately want. I just need to find a local place to get parts and someone to show me how engines work and how to build. I could just pay someone to do it but I want the satisfaction of doing it myself and also learning a valuable skill.
For simple stuff that doesnt take internal motor stuff just learn to do it yourself brudda. Its not hard. I am sure there are a bunch of locals who wouldnt mind helping...I know I would have no problems helping out on most stuff...I do all my own work...

THis last week we did the headers and x-pipe on my car in my garage on jack stands...was going to have Fastlane do it, but I was quoted well north of 400 dollars to have them installed so we bit the bullet and it ended up being pretty simple and took about 5 hours wrench time between me and a friend. I have never had a mechanic touch my car except for my friend and I....seriously, most stuff is pretty simple...its more a case of having the right tool for the job (and enough beer to see you through the entire install)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Hurst Short Throw
Steeda Sport Springs/Adj Panard/D-Specs
Foose Nitrous staggered 20's
RedRider0151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #12
New2V8

Vehicle: 2004 GT

Fair Enough! I would also rather do it myself I just know that I will need help or even just guidance. So if there is anyone out there willing to help me learn or even if I can see some work being done on other mustang...That would be great.

Carolina MF'er #013....Unlucky....For You!
New2V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #13
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

I have some new seats coming if you wanna come over and watch me and a friend rip california special leather off te seats and slap some Roush leather on, or we will be doing pulleys on a friends mustang soon (once he gets a puller) or we will be doing brakes on another buddies Vette here in the coming weeks also...
Hurst Short Throw
Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
New2V8

Sounds good to me. Just PM me with the details so you don't have to put personal information on the forum if you don't want that stuff out there

Old 05-12-2011, 03:09 AM   #15
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Larry P. Card

First things first, get a shop manual for your car and take a look through it. Piedmont Custom Motorsports in North Raleigh is another local Mustang shop, some of us from the Raleigh area Mustang club had a dyno day there a couple of months ago.

Member # 006. Missed it by thiiiis much...
lpcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #16
New2V8

well I picked up some mufflers from a guy that had a 01 Bullitt! He also threw in the H pipe just for helping him with some computer stuff. I was looking at the mufflers and was wondering if they would work with the GT? I got them for free so if it doesn't thats cool, but it would be nice if they do!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2V8 View Post
well I picked up some mufflers from a guy that had a 01 Bullitt! He also threw in the H pipe just for helping him with some computer stuff. I was looking at the mufflers and was wondering if they would work with the GT? I got them for free so if it doesn't thats cool, but it would be nice if they do!
Crawl under and take a look man. You can take the stock off and match them up on the ground and see if the hangers are the same or not. It will be very apparent if they arent. I am pretty sure they will work though....just a guess that the 01 - 04 are probably the same.
Hurst Short Throw
Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
antonio, bob's muffler, bobs, emissions, exhaust, glasspacks, muffler, mufflers, mustang, raleigh, rd, road, san, shop, shoptryon, tryon