Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Friends

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Default Friends

Guys and Gals,
I have had a tough 24 hours, on Friday at about 4:30 my position with my employer was "eliminated". I had worked for the same company in a variety of positions for over 24 years. So today has been pretty emotional.

The timing of your wonderful birthday song couldn't have been better, I thank you for that, the card and that wonderful chocolate cake. There is something very therapeutic about chocolate.

I have known all of you less than a year, I first met Steve, Larry, Hunter and Brian on July 9th of last year for a Diamondback run. We had been in our car for 8 days. The rest I have met along the way and am proud to call you a friend. Webster defines friend as the following -

friend   /frɛnd/ Show Spelled[frend] Show IPA
noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.

I think Webster pretty much covers how you guys fit with Deb and I.

I have a good network that I have begun to reach out to. After 35 years in the same business you get to know quite a few people. Deb and I will be fine, we will get through this. If you pray, we would appreciate your prayers. We will scale back our events, so Lenoir cruise-in will probably be the next event for us. That pretty much sums it up. Thanks again, you are the best.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear that Alan and I wish you the best in finding a new position. We will keep you and Deb in our prayers and hope you won't move out of the area.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Truly sorry to hear that Alan. I have only met you a couple of times, but it is obvious that you are a genuinely good person and stand up kind of guy. Definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately I know a couple of people that the same thing has happened to in the past year, but they each came out of it for the better and happier in the long run. Change is not always a bad thing, even when we don't go looking for it. Keep the faith my friend!!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Hey Alan

I haven't met you yet, but you come across as a great guy. I firmly believe in karma and I also believe that these hurdles are put in front of us for very good reasons, even though they may not be apparent at the time. Often times one door closes and then 3 more open. Good people are hard to come by these days, so lucky for you, you're in demand! Hang with em...
Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

You are a good friend and an important part of our somewhat dysfunctional Mustang family. I'm sure that you will come out of this for the better. I will keep my ears open for you.
You guys are in our prayers.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:06 AM
2008Vert
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear this Alan.

As was mentioned before it could be a blessing in disguise. Change is not always a bad thing. We don't know the Lord's plan for us but we have to be attentive to the signs He shows us. Maybe it was time for you to be in a different place.

You were the first to extend a warm welcome when I first posted here just a few short months ago and while I've only met you once I consider you a friend.

Shatley Springs is on us if we find ourselves out that way!

Keep us posted and good luck

P.S. After 17 years of employment Kim and I both(we worked at the same place) were told the company was being sold. it was the best thing that ever happened to us!

Last edited by 2008Vert; 06-17-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:34 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Alan,

Very sorry to hear this! I know you will get through this and my thoughts are with you an Deb.
It must be tough after putting so much of yourself into a Company for so long, but that can work to your advantage. As you have said, that network you have built and are reaching out to.

I am also very glad i was there on Saturday to bring you some joy!
I hope you had a wonderful Birthday and a Happy Fathers Day!!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Damn Alan. I can't even imagine how painful and tough this weekend has been. I don't know what else to say except, keep the faith my friend. For a man of your character this is not the end, but the beginning of something great. We will keep in and yours in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 AM
donj63

Alan, I am sorry to hear that...you have our prayers.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:04 PM
jayman33
Banned

I'm so sorry to hear this Alan. I would have never expected that Saturday as you kept your composure very well, an obvious sign that you're a tough man with great character. I'm sure you will have no problem finding something new, I just hope you'll be able to stay in the area. You and Deb are in our prayers.

Quick Reply: Friends