Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Now that would tie the roof in....I thought about mentioning a stripe, but figured you were straying away from that.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:37 AM
XxDISMEMBEREDxX
2nd Gear Member

I really like the matte plastic around the bottom on the late models. I'm thinking about getting the CS rear bumper painted and installed with the bottom unpainted. Then either stripping my running boards to bear plastic or getting new ones. Also a CDC chin spoiler and splitter. A long winded way of saying black out the bottom.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:21 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

I think Alan had the right idea...those outside shots kinda help tie the rest of the textured plastic pieces into the roof.

I'm kinda liking it...nice and subtle with a little pop!

As far as going to Super Snake Stripes...i'm all for it, but IMO they look 10x better with the Super Snake hood

Name:  gt500_pic_zps36968a3b.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  62.2 KB
Old 04-11-2014, 06:55 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
I think Alan had the right idea...those outside shots kinda help tie the rest of the textured plastic pieces into the roof.

I'm kinda liking it...nice and subtle with a little pop!

As far as going to Super Snake Stripes...i'm all for it, but IMO they look 10x better with the Super Snake hood

I agree 110%. That's the whole reason I didn't go with the SS stripes in the first place. I think eventually the way it will end up is with the SS hood and the side scoops and rear quarter window louvers. Of course, at that point I will have to swap wheels again.... Can't have a SS clone without the right wheels lol. A company has started making replicas of the wheels used on the Super Snakes, and they offer them in a gunmetal finish. Eventually (once I rob a bank and do the necessary jail time) I will buy a set and do the conversion all at once with the hood, wheels, scoops, etc.... Here is a pic of the wheels

Name:  3cd53b28cfa78e54b51b8d3e1ee923b5_zpsca6a053c.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  171.0 KB
Old 04-11-2014, 07:41 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
I agree 110%. That's the whole reason I didn't go with the SS stripes in the first place. I think eventually the way it will end up is with the SS hood and the side scoops and rear quarter window louvers. Of course, at that point I will have to swap wheels again.... Can't have a SS clone without the right wheels lol. A company has started making replicas of the wheels used on the Super Snakes, and they offer them in a gunmetal finish. Eventually (once I rob a bank and do the necessary jail time) I will buy a set and do the conversion all at once with the hood, wheels, scoops, etc.... Here is a pic of the wheels

What about just having the hood stripes where it aligns with the vents, and from only the back of the vent to give the illusion of the stripe coming from the engine compartment?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:06 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Why am I up so early? Probably because I fell asleep on the couch watching TV last night at like 9pm like an old man.

Oh well. I guess I'll go hose off the driveway so I can install these new LCAs in a little bit before it gets too warm. I gotta say, the LCA relocation and LCAs is the biggest noticeable difference to me on the whole suspension change. Getting into those corners and giving it a little gas just plants that rear so hard it feels like I just can't go fast enough around a corner now. The reduced body roll helps a lot too. I'm ready to hit a track with this setup and get a little more spirited driving going.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Right on....
Old 04-12-2014, 07:46 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

The bike sold today.. WOOHOO...mod money!!
Gonna start out slow with just minor stuff for now. Window tint appt scheduled for next Friday and springs and dampers planned for next Sunday.
I may try to do some matte black stripes on the CS before the Hospice show..not sure if I have the time for that.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DK Pony
The bike sold today.. WOOHOO...mod money!!
Gonna start out slow with just minor stuff for now. Window tint appt scheduled for next Friday and springs and dampers planned for next Sunday.
I may try to do some matte black stripes on the CS before the Hospice show..not sure if I have the time for that.
Oh boy..........And it begins.....LMAO
Old 04-12-2014, 08:06 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Oh boy..........And it begins.....LMAO
That sounds a little odd coming from you JJ...

It didn't take long to figure out I NEED tinted windows on the Black car.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?