Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:16 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Works for me. So far a free broken supercharger and a free winch... eventually I'll find something to do with them lol.
I figure that you'll eventually tear it apart and fix it or decide that it would make a great boat anchor. Which was my plan too.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
I figure that you'll eventually tear it apart and fix it or decide that it would make a great boat anchor. Which was my plan too.
I was gonna pick up a Chevy motor for the boat anchor....but you make a good point. My dad used an old hydraulic door closer on the little Jon boat we have lol.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Since I haven't visited for a while, here's what I've been working on:

Click for big!

Finally got to set my tank back up. It's 125 gallons and contrary to the warning on the tank, I don't have piranhas this time, rather a tetra tank. So far I only have 10 black neon tetras, 6 cardinal tetras, 4 pepper corys, and an albino sailfin pleco. Population should double or triple in the coming weeks. I also need to get some plants, hook up my heater in my canister filter so I can take that ugly glass one out of the middle, and get a background to hide all the wires and hoses.

Anyone else have any aquatic friends?
Good looking setup. I grew up with tons of aquariums, my dad was big into it. I remember having gar, oscars, pacu, and other cool fish. Probably had 10 or so 125-250 gallons. Cool to see a bitch to maintain lol.

I was really into reptiles, especially snakes. When my son was born I sold everything off. I would like to get back into snakes again.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Widow Maker
What am I working on today??? I'll tell ya.......................
NOT A DAMN THING!!!! THAT'S WHAT I AM DOING TODAY!!!!!!!!! l
That is what I want to hear!

Old 08-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Did cap, wires, plugs on the Jeep last night. Somehow I always buy the car from "that" guy

Yep, 2 Bosch platinum2's and the rest were Autolites.

Also fixed the bar for the half soft top and installed mirror relocation brackets so I can keep my mirrors when I take the doors off.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Did cap, wires, plugs on the Jeep last night. Somehow I always buy the car from "that" guy

Yep, 2 Bosch platinum2's and the rest were Autolites.

Also fixed the bar for the half soft top and installed mirror relocation brackets so I can keep my mirrors when I take the doors off.
Who needs mirrors just stick your head out!

You put double platinum s back in? I think I left left the cap and wires alone on mine. Probably should check that but it's running alright.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Who needs mirrors just stick your head out!

You put double platinum s back in? I think I left left the cap and wires alone on mine. Probably should check that but it's running alright.
I didn't want to get pulled over, $28 is worth not having to deal with the Po-po.

No, I put autolites back in.

I had to take the damned AC Compressor off to get the front plug wire boot off after the wire pulled out of it. People need to learn about Dielectric grease!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:56 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Good looking setup. I grew up with tons of aquariums, my dad was big into it. I remember having gar, oscars, pacu, and other cool fish. Probably had 10 or so 125-250 gallons. Cool to see a bitch to maintain lol.

I was really into reptiles, especially snakes. When my son was born I sold everything off. I would like to get back into snakes again.
Hah, I don't know how I feel about snakes! I've had friends with them and they are kind of cool.... but I'm still just not a big fan, haha.

I didn't want to get pulled over, $28 is worth not having to deal with the Po-po.

No, I put autolites back in.

I had to take the damned AC Compressor off to get the front plug wire boot off after the wire pulled out of it. People need to learn about Dielectric grease!
For what it's worth, I have NEVER seen a cop hassle anyone without mirrors on their Jeep when they took the doors off. No one I know has relocation brackets for their mirrors. Of course, that doesn't mean anything about the cops where you are, just sayin.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Hah, I don't know how I feel about snakes! I've had friends with them and they are kind of cool.... but I'm still just not a big fan, haha.

For what it's worth, I have NEVER seen a cop hassle anyone without mirrors on their Jeep when they took the doors off. No one I know has relocation brackets for their mirrors. Of course, that doesn't mean anything about the cops where you are, just sayin.
Unless you run into that cop that has a bug up his a$$ about tail light tint lol.

Jeff I put in Autolite double plt. No fancy tips or anything just figure a little more longevity and there weren't any bad comments about them. Good thing the compressor was broken, now you're set for when the new one gets in lol.

Got St eve's car about halfway done with the header install. In case anyone was wondering, the kooks cat less setup is approx 15 lbs lighter than the stock headers and mid pipe.

Last edited by clowe1965; 08-15-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

I put it back together and drive it to work today. Compressor is easy to get off.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?