Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Nice John. Can't wait to see them in person.
Originally Posted by Widow Maker
Looks great John....
Originally Posted by Shellback
Looking good John
Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments but I have to admit I don't know how much I'm liking the black wheels. I love the design of them though. The black ones were on clearance at American Muscle so I bought them with the intentions on either plastidipping, painting or powder coating them to a gunmetal or anthracite color if I didn't like the black enough to leave them that way. I'm going to give them a week or two though as they are to see if the grow on me some more.

And as I knew would be the case, I'm going to need some wider tired since I just went from 9" wide to 10". But the track pack tires are rated for an 8.5-10" rim, so they're still within the safe limits. Just doesn't look as good (I think) with them being slightly stretched. Just don't have the money for tires right now.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:05 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Tires are expensive, thats for sure.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments but I have to admit I don't know how much I'm liking the black wheels. I love the design of them though. The black ones were on clearance at American Muscle so I bought them with the intentions on either plastidipping, painting or powder coating them to a gunmetal or anthracite color if I didn't like the black enough to leave them that way. I'm going to give them a week or two though as they are to see if the grow on me some more.
Maybe with some other black accents on the car? Like black out the emblems?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:15 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Wheels look great John. I like them with the Blue
Old 10-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Wheels look great John. I like them with the Blue
Thanks Steve. I know this might sound dumb, but I think one of the reasons I'm on the fence about the black wheels is because since they're so black and glossy, I think they kind of make the tires look dirty even though they'd about as black as they can get. But like I said, before I do anything I'm going to see if the look grows on me.

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Maybe with some other black accents on the car? Like black out the emblems?
I ordered some black 5.0 badges last night that should be here next week. Kim going to order the tinted pieces for the side marker lights as well.

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Tires are expensive, thats for sure.
They are indeed.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:29 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

I wouldnt order the tinted pieces. They wont fit really well, you will be able to see a red ring around it. I got mine tinted at a local shop and they did a good job and was cheaper than the price of the tint that you would but online.

You can get your tires closer to the color of the wheels without being too glossy with some tire shine...not too much though.

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Thanks Steve. I know this might sound dumb, but I think one of the reasons I'm on the fence about the black wheels is because since they're so black and glossy, I think they kind of make the tires look dirty even though they'd about as black as they can get. But like I said, before I do anything I'm going to see if the look grows on me.

I ordered some black 5.0 badges last night that should be here next week. Kim going to order the tinted pieces for the side marker lights as well.

They are indeed.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

I always use some kind of tire shine. I just ordered a sample of some Optimum Opti-Bond from the Autoality site (I forgot to include it in my order when Alan ordered) and I've been using tire gel that I've had for the last few years up until I finished the bottle last week. If there's one thing I can't stand on a clean car it's tires that aren't dressed. I don't care if they're glossy or matte, but you've got to make them nice and black!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Look what just came back from paint.........

Old 10-02-2014, 11:42 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Nice JJ!

Another option I saw slimer use at MW was plastidipping the side markers with a light coat. Talk about really cheap.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Nice JJ!

Another option I saw slimer use at MW was plastidipping the side markers with a light coat. Talk about really cheap.
I actually bought a can of the Smoke plastidip but it didn't look good at all when I used it. I though about trying a light coat of black but I think I'll just try to tint them myself or have someone do it.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?