MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Carolina Regional Chapter (http://mustangforums.com/forum/carolina-regional-chapter-153/)
-   -   Ashville NC is weird... (http://mustangforums.com/forum/carolina-regional-chapter/708583-ashville-nc-is-weird.html)

2k232 04-06-2014 01:24 PM

Ashville NC is weird...

So this weekend I was at the biltmore and was doing some wedding stuff... (Im getting married at the bilmore in July) So my Fiance' her Uncle (who's like her father) and her bestie were walking threw the streets of asheville saturday night and were walking downtown asheville....and wow I felt like I was in the summer of 69' in Cali.(I'm 25 and this is how i'd imagine it to be) I smelled sooo much pot and sooooooo soooo many headshops it was crazy and the hippies/hitchhikers/bums/weirdos there was amazing! What a great place to people watch I really wish I would of taken some pictures but I was in soooo sooo much culture shock that I couldnt even think about my camera.

Anyway the point of this thread is just what wow. :icon_twocents:

GT500Steve 04-06-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k232 (Post 8372731)
So this weekend I was at the biltmore and was doing some wedding stuff... (Im getting married at the bilmore in July) So my Fiance' her Uncle (who's like her father) and her bestie were walking threw the streets of asheville saturday night and were walking downtown asheville....and wow I felt like I was in the summer of 69' in Cali.(I'm 25 and this is how i'd imagine it to be) I smelled sooo much pot and sooooooo soooo many headshops it was crazy and the hippies/hitchhikers/bums/weirdos there was amazing! What a great place to people watch I really wish I would of taken some pictures but I was in soooo sooo much culture shock that I couldnt even think about my camera.

You have no idea how weird Asheville is.... That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Zodiac 04-06-2014 05:26 PM

I only spent the night out there once on my drive back from St. Louis, so unfortunately I don't know how bad it is. I never left the hotel.

alan0614 04-06-2014 07:06 PM

I love the bumper sticker I saw in Asheville that says "Asheville - Where Weird is Normal". I actually love the town, love Biltmore and love the food. Congrats on the pending marriage, you couldn't pick a nice place for the ceremony.

clowe1965 04-06-2014 08:10 PM

Plus they have Peaches.

alan0614 04-06-2014 08:17 PM

LMAO, Peaches. She was awesome.

Jeffk 04-06-2014 08:20 PM

My wife lived in Asheville for a couple of years. She loved it.

2k232 04-06-2014 09:17 PM

The smell of pot and inscents gave me a huge ass headache. lol.... still had fun don't get me wrong. Just caught this small town southern boy off guard. Ha.

Grover_NC 04-07-2014 06:36 AM

First time I read that I tbought it said pot and incest hahahaha.

alan0614 04-07-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover_NC (Post 8373006)
First time I read that I tbought it said pot and incest hahahaha.

Well the thread's title is "Asheville, NC is Weird".

Zodiac 04-07-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan0614 (Post 8373303)
Well the thread's title is "Asheville, NC is Weird".

True, but I thought that was more of a Johnston County thing.

alan0614 04-07-2014 07:38 PM

Don't know Johnston county too well. Had to Google it to know where it was. It seems everyone has someone to pick on.

I need to get back to Asheville and one of my favorite restaurants, Tupelo Honey Cafe. Good biscuits, fresh honey and blueberry preserves.......outstanding.

Biltmore releases their Summer Concert Series schedule on May 1st. Hopefully they have a good lineup this year. Summer before last we saw Foreigner and they were incredible.

XxDISMEMBEREDxX 04-08-2014 02:08 AM

Damn hippies... did I say that out loud?

Widow Maker 04-08-2014 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxDISMEMBEREDxX (Post 8373435)
Damn hippies... did I say that out loud?

Damn tree huggers......I DID SAY THAT DIDN'T I???? LMAO:icon_goofygrin:

audioAl 04-08-2014 06:35 AM

I guess the cop's don't care after Colorado & Washington made it legal? Or are the Jails & Prisons full?

Sleeper_GT 04-08-2014 08:35 AM

Definitely a place to people watch............

AJ06GT 04-08-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioAl (Post 8373447)
I guess the cop's don't care after Colorado & Washington made it legal? Or are the Jails & Prisons full?

Probably saving room in them for actual criminals.

Sleeper_GT 04-08-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ06GT (Post 8373489)
Probably saving room in them for actual criminals.

What he said

potman 04-09-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k232 (Post 8372731)

I visited Asheville last year after being given advice on how cool it was and as a potter how much I'd love the arts district. Yea, it's cool if you're a 67' filthy hippie wannabe. Not so big on the families and children living under the downtown highway over passes peering down at ya and the barefoot drunk hookers and dey' pimps on the street corners. The arts district is a mishmash of wannabe artists in a slum warehouse district.

Now I don't mind hippies and I like the pot culture well enough and I'm definitely no snob, but filthy and destitute with graffiti on every surface, no.

We were looking for a place to live, ended up walking around downtown for about 2 hours and then resigning to a bar for the rest of the evening. We went to visit the Biltmore the next day but were so hung over we didn't even buy a ticket. Drove on to Greenville SC instead.

No thanks.....

GT500Steve 04-09-2014 08:29 PM

Bingo!!! He nailed it.

After watching a guy get stabbed after an argument and die laying in the middle of the road after one of our club gigs I officially decided I had enough of downtown Asheville. Not what they make make it out to be.