Default RE: Colorado Roll Call

Me and my Cobra live in Westy
Old 04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
mattkoly
2nd Gear Member

Any body in Steamboat Springs?

only time i see other stangs is during the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup

anyways, i do make it up to the springs from time to time and that is where i store her during the winter (she doesn't do so well in 400+ inches of snow)

Old 05-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Enjoi

I am in Colorado Springs, but have to wait until 2007 to get a car per the Academy's rules and regs. I had a Mustang that I drove in Cali, and ended up moving to Rhode Island for a year. I was able to handle 3 blizzards with her and no problem came of it - is this the case here, or do most of you continue to drive em?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
mattkoly
2nd Gear Member

Awesome,

The winters aretn' that bad in Springs, maybe one or two storms that are undrivable, depending on your tires, people pretty much learn that you just stay home on those days unless you have four wheel drive.

My car simply sucks on snow period, i won't even try it, Drag Radials don't allow for any forward movement.

Are you in mechanical engineering there at the academy, if so, i would like to do a couple of runs on that dyno, I'm not sure what their policies with allowing cars on base near that area are...

Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Enjoi

No, I'm a Management major, but I have friends in Mech. I have not checked it out, but apparently we have a really awesome auto shop - not sure if we have a dyno, but I'll ask around.

If we do, I'd be more than happy to meet you someplace and try to get a temp pass or whatever so we can go dyno.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
mattkoly
2nd Gear Member

there's a dyno there, i Graduated Mechanical Engineer from UCCS and we visited the academy to use some of their testing equipment

Pretty sure you are going to have to know sombody pretty well to us them (if i remember correctly there is two)

Let me know what you find out, either way, we can go cruisin, get your stang up/over here. I'll drive it down there from time to time, I thikn i am going to get a dyno tune somtime next month, in loveland then end up in springs for the weekend.

ORIGINAL: Enjoi

No, I'm a Management major, but I have friends in Mech. I have not checked it out, but apparently we have a really awesome auto shop - not sure if we have a dyno, but I'll ask around.

If we do, I'd be more than happy to meet you someplace and try to get a temp pass or whatever so we can go dyno.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Enjoi

I have a really good friend, but he is graduating this year. I'll see what else I can swing.

Also, I cannot have a car here until 2007; so...I don't think we'll be able to go cruise for awhile, lol.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:46 PM
ToasterTuner

wow this is great, i had no idea there would be so many coloradoans here, hello everybody
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
FordMustangSpeed

What up all i'm represetin Aurora. Don't know who all is into the ford fest at bandimere, but i'll be there! may even race dad's older bad boy, a '68 stang with a 351C in it. hope to see a lot of you guys up at bandimere!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:38 PM
dpritch87

I'm in Golden. About to buy an '86 notch.

P.S. We definitely need to have a meet before the summer's over!

Quick Reply: Colorado Roll Call