Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

TALK ME OUT OF IT QUICK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:08 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Default RE: TALK ME OUT OF IT QUICK!!!!

I would sell my mustang in a second to get a TT supra. Bada$$ car right there. Then i would sell it and get a TT Skyline.[8D]
Old 06-08-2007, 04:14 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

a skyline has the weight and power of a v6 mustang there inline 6 can make some huge power but its pricey as hell. i paid 300 bucks for my starter on my rb25det it was used and had to wait a week to get it. ba mustang only the mk4 was a twin turbo in the usa like i said before the mk4 supra is 20k for a raged out one you can get a corvette for that and have a faster car.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 AM
whatheck

I have a 65 mustang convertible and I am asking myself the same question.

The Mustang was a daily driver about 6 years ago. Its been sitting outside for a few years and the sun has kinda got to it. I'll have to put a lot of money into it to get it back to the restomod condition that I want it to be in.

Its would cost about the same to get a decent Supra. The Supra has a motor with tons of potential. If I were going for pure performance I would get a Supra. It would have more horse power, better handling, and it would probably get better gas mileage.

I even thought about doing a ratstang with a 2jz motor in it like this Camaro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqtJTlXON8

But, I think I will keep the stang and make it a mild cruiser. It does have some sentimental value because it was passed down to me and my family has had several Mustangs.
Also Im not looking for a track car that I can drive on the street. I had an R1 and I'm happy to limp away from that.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:16 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

wow nice thread revive there mr. first post.

Hey whatever happened to superdavid???
Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

yah. david wasn't here for about a year now. i guess he bought the supra :-]
anyway whatheck, how about .you create a new post instead of pulling one that is 2 years old :-)
I haven't heard of anyone who sold a stang and later down the road didn't regret it
Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

Ugh this thread is full of people who we never see around anymore: Celtic, SuperDavid, Emperor, Aussie, and dr1965; whatever happened to all of them.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
whatheck

Sorry.

Thats what happens when you are new to the boards.. I was looking for ideas and good threads and sorted by views/replies. I didn't notice the thread was 2 years old.

I can take some pics and start a thread showing my bucket, which I don't expect to be completed anytime soon
Old 04-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Freudianslipp
1st Gear Member

Alright, you asked us to talk you out of it, so that's what I will try to do:

I'll be honest. I'm a numbers-driven guy who works for a University and teaches business. If you look at it from that perspective, think about your ROI or return on investment. It doesn't matter how much you've spent buying your car, and it doesn't really even matter how much you've put into it; however, think 10 years from now. Hell, think 20 years from now.

Which will give you a better return on your investment. We already know that a classic Mustang will appreciate in value.

Does a Supra appreciate in value, or depreciate? Will you be able to sell that Supra for more than you put into it in another 10 or 20 years?

I'm pretty sure that will give you the answer you're looking for!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:59 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fast65
Ugh this thread is full of people who we never see around anymore: Celtic, SuperDavid, Emperor, Aussie, and dr1965; whatever happened to all of them.
yeah and atomsk and a whole bunch of others now that I look at it and how can we forget about soaring? haha
Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fast65
That happens sometimes on boards...people get busy with life or sell the car or find another board they like better, etc, etc.

Quick Reply: TALK ME OUT OF IT QUICK!!!!