Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Back from paint!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Joe67
Banned

very nice, so what else do you have to do after you put the chrome and stuff on ?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:56 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joe67
very nice, so what else do you have to do after you put the chrome and stuff on ?
I have to take the fender extensions and valances off and remove the spacers and then put those back on along with grill, stone guards, etc. Put the turn signals back in (bought NOS for those), all the body trim and window trim, and the door handles and locks. Also, I have to put the inside door panels and kick panels and rear inside panels back on. Then she will look done and be drivable in good weather so I can enjoy the car. As I have time I still have patching to do underneath, including a trunk drop off, the rear inner wheel wells front and back, a little on the front floor where the toeboard meets the floor. Then, it goes to the mechanic for transmission seals.
Basically, I can work on it forever, but now it will look good and I can drive it and enjoy it while I continue. I made sure anything which could affect the body was done.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:15 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Looks really great!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:48 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I just noticed, nice dice
Old 12-26-2008, 10:47 AM
blane17
2nd Gear Member

Default Wow

Came out nice. I have been watching your car on this forum for a long time and I gotta say the transformation isphenomenal
Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Very nice and great Christmas gift!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:25 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by 4reboy
I just noticed, nice dice
I just noticed those also.

Are those fuzzy dice? I was going to get some black ones, but my mom ended up getting my black vinyl dice.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

The dice were not there when I looked at the car, but were there the day I picked it up. They are new. The guy that owned this car for 43 years really liked it and I think he liked the fact I was going to keep it original and bring it back to looking like new. He went out and bought the dice for me so I have left them there, and probably will continue to do so as a kind of remembrance of him. He is nearing 80 years of age and Alzheimer's is quickly robbing him of his abilities. I plan to show him the car when it is reassembled if his wife says it is OK to do so.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:08 PM
WildMustang351
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by honeygoldcoupe
The dice were not there when I looked at the car, but were there the day I picked it up. They are new. The guy that owned this car for 43 years really liked it and I think he liked the fact I was going to keep it original and bring it back to looking like new. He went out and bought the dice for me so I have left them there, and probably will continue to do so as a kind of remembrance of him. He is nearing 80 years of age and Alzheimer's is quickly robbing him of his abilities. I plan to show him the car when it is reassembled if his wife says it is OK to do so.

That's very cool man,Now the dice are worth as much as the car.....

Be careful when putting her back together,the need to just take her for a spin without completing reassembly can be overwhelming.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by honeygoldcoupe
Honey Gold is a cool color you rarely see. A freshly painted HG car? You never see that. Take lots of pics when it's done.

Find one of your favorite outside places and shoot the car on a nice day. Get a shot of it driving, if you can (requires a friend).

CP

Quick Reply: Back from paint!