Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

there is a time and place (a reminder)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:11 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Default there is a time and place (a reminder)

Just a reminder but there is a time and place for speed and also places where it is not appropriate.

At lunch today I was coming down the two lane out of my neighborhood and some kid was coming the other direction in an older Olds Cutlass. He was driving like he was at Indy and to say those old boats don't have a performance suspension is an understatement. He was probably doing at least 70 mph in a 35 mph zone and was loosing it in the turn causing him to drift into my lane as I approached him from the other direction. I pretty much ditched it and drove onto the grass and he missed me. He is darn lucky I was in my Explorer instead of my Stang. We came really close to a head on that would not have ended well for either of us.

As he went past I had to make sure to say hello to him with a one finger wave and I seriously considered chasing him down so I could leave him sleeping it off on the side of the road wherever I caught up with him. But as much fun as twisting him up like a pretzel would have been I didn't figure it was worth getting sued over and I didn't think chasing his punk a** down could exactly be construed as it being self defense. Not to mention as my rank gets higher in the dojo you have to be a lot more careful about using what you know on some a-hole that probably needs to have his little butt stomped into the dirt.

For the record....coming around a blind curve in a neighborhood with oncoming traffic, kids playing, etc is not the time to see how fast your ride can go. Especially if you have mom's ragged out old Oldsmobile.

Last edited by SJs 66coupe; 01-13-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

So anyway, today I was cruising around in my Cutless, and i went to stretch her legs, and i was bookin, like 70-75/// in a 35.. ill, i know. anyway i was all like woooo im in nascar, and this old fart in an exploder was all like whoaa i dont wanna die.

it was sick.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

hahahha
Old 01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Find out where he lives, pop the hood and take the dizzy or atleast the rotor inside it.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

haha, waffles you and your crazy shenanigans.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Next time catch a plate number call 911 and report them for wreckless driving.About a month ago i was coming home from work about 2am on 264.Two cars went screaming past me about 4 miles up the road the cops had it blocked both got busted street racing.Best part was there is camera's on 264.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by fast65
haha, waffles you and your crazy shenanigans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I 1 of the best parts of the movie.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Next time catch a plate number call 911 and report them for wreckless driving.About a month ago i was coming home from work about 2am on 264.Two cars went screaming past me about 4 miles up the road the cops had it blocked both got busted street racing.Best part was there is camera's on 264.
The dude would have been long gone by the time I could have called.

However, before we moved at the old house we used to live on the main road to our subdivision.

There was a guy that lived up the road from us that used to think it was funny to buzz the stop sign in the corner of our old yard.

My neighbor and I had both reported him several times. Myself after one evening when I was going to check the mail and he went past me haulin serious a** in a 20 mph. Lucky I heard him coming before he rounded the curve in the road and got off the road.

What finally put a stop to it was one Sunday the boys and I were playing in the yard. He pulled out around someone stopping for the stop sign and gunned it, darn near caused a head on and there were kids all over in the neighborhood.

I had the patrol captain for the local constables on the phone in a matter of minutes and basically told him "you take care of it or I will. If the dude hits one of my kids you'll be taking me to jail if I get hold of him before you do. Then to pay my legal fees I will sue your department because you have been told about this by myself and others several times."

The next Wednesday coming home, they had him spread out on the hood of his car in cuffs and all the doors open. Never saw him again after that...guess they hauled him to the poky...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:05 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

I agree SJ.

I think a twisty road is fun but never should be driving fast through a subdivision. Running stop signs is just asking for an accident.

Sorry to hear about your run in, but glad you were not hurt.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Time to go Dexter on him!

Quick Reply: there is a time and place (a reminder)